Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I tell my mom??

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM
  • 15 Replies
So my family is very superstitious when it comes closer to giving labor. The full moons, the safety pins and all that. I'll be 37wks on the 17th and my due date isn't till Jan 6 but my family is already starting to feel that this baby is going to be due this month. Anyhow as the day comes closer I hear my mom say she wants to be in the room when I give birth and honestly I dont want her in there when its time for me to push. She was in the room when my daughter was born and I absolutely hated it. When she mentioned that she wanted to be in the room this time around I told her I didn't mind her being in the room before just when it was time for me to push I wanted just my boyfriend and I in there. Well let me tell u she did not like that answer at all. She feels that since I'm a girl and she's my mom she's entitled to be in there. So my thing is how do I remind her again in a nice way that I would like her to be there just not at the time of giving birth.
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tiffnkids
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM
My mom is the same way..... I dont want her there with any more deliveries... I had her in the First three babies and its just too much... i dont need her voice and her ooohs and awwww and her opinions and comments.......its supposed to be just me and hubby....
my mom tried again giving me a guilt trip about not letting her see them born.... she hasnt been officially informed about this babys delivery and how i only want Steve there.....
Say to her that you have made your decision and you need her to respect your wishes.... honestly.. why do people have to view the moment a baby comes out our vjjs? Its toooo personal for me.. ill stick to my wishes and she will have to get over it..... best wishes to you ;)
butterflyk1ssez
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:02 PM

You tell her. There isn't anything she can do and if she fights it tell the nurses not to let her come into the L&D.

Pregnancy Ticker

RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Just tell her you would love to have her be there with you through all of it but you and your boyfriend really want to share & bond in this special moment with just the 2 of you there! Tell her she can be there with you right up until you push then can wait outside & possibly be the first one in the room b4 everyone else to see baby if that's what YOU want! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I'm due Jan. 7 and my mother also thinks I will go into labor on the 28th (full moon).  

I would tell her you want this birth to be a special moment between you and your boyfriend.  You fully appreicate all of her support and don't want to upset her in anyway, but you just really want this special moment for the two of you.  

hismrsramirez86
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM
My mom feels the need that she has to be there for every birth. She was there wheon my daughter was born and till this day has said that when I was going thru all the pain I told her if anything happened to me I wanted her to take care or my daughter which I honestly don't even remember telling her at all. She had to sneak behind the curtain with my aunt just to be in there to c me give birth to her. With my brothers 3 kids she had to be there also and with my sisters baby. When my sister was about to give birth I even told her she didn't need to be there for every one, she actually missed my sister giving birth by about 2min.
kblpooh
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Tell her that you need her to watch your daughter while you give birth. That will give her something to focus her energy on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:02 AM
Just say, no! It's going to be bf and me this time. I had my mom in with my first and I hated it too. My mom was trying to tell my dr what to do, and SHE almost gave me an episiotomy... No joke. She wasn't invited to any if my other births! I had her watch my kid(s) and bring them as soon as baby arrived, but it was just hubby and I in the room.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:07 AM

lol, moms can be like that just say it is your choice who is in the room and you don't want here in there because she did xyand z last time and you need to be focused and if she doesn't like that and tries to stay you will get the hostipal staff to make her leave.

austinsmama1106
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Tell her no. Also talk to the nurse that you have when you get there (and any other nurse you. May have), let them know you don't want anyone but your boyfriend there while pushing. They will enforce it for you, well mine did. My mom seen all 4 of my sisters kids be born and I have told her no for all 3 (this is #3). She doesn't like it but oh well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Tell the hospital and nurse staff you want them to MAKE everyone leave but so/dh they have to listen to your privacy wishes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured