Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I have a question related to pregnancy after a tubal..

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:53 AM
  • 17 Replies

Ok.. I just had a baby back in March of this year via c-section.. (my third c section to date) and I had my tubes tied during the procedure.. Well I bled for like.. 5 months straight after having her.. and finally got that sorted out.. Well I had a period the beginning of October.. and the end of October.. (not sure on dates but heres some rough estimates: Oct. 7th-12th & Oct. 24th-29th-ish) Then I had one Nov. 23rd-Nov. 27th.. and I went to the bathroom this afternoon (12/11/12) around 2 pm and had a good bit of bright red blood on my panty liner.. It wasn't soaked by any means.. But it was more then just spotting.. Its enough to where I sit down a few drops will leak out before I pee.. (sorry if TMI) and I also passed a couple small clots).. I am not due to even start my period until Dec. 26th.. I had implantation bleeding with my daughter (who I also got preg with while on the pill).. so I looked up some info about it.. and it said you can pass small clots.. The bleeding has remained the same today.. not gotten any worse and maybe even tappered off a bit.. I had some mild cramping.. I am fertile right now (Dec. 7th - the 13th..).. I took a preg. test earlier and got what appears to be a very faint line (I would be SUPER early if I really am preg so the line wouldn't be too dark as of yet).. Here is a pic:

everyone who has looked at it keeps telling me OMG YOUR PREGNANT!

I, however, do not want to get my hopes up. I just got married October 22 to my high school sweet heart.. and he knew from the get go I had my tubes tied and that the chances of us having a baby were slim to none.. But the thought that it might have actually happened.. He is SO excited.. and I am as well but also a bit nervous and getting severely let down.. I know the chances of it also being a tubal are pretty high as well so that has be kinda nervous too.. Given all the info above.. Do you all thing what I'm experiencing right now could be implantation bleeding? Or an early miscarriage? I had a miscarriage before and the cramps were almost unbarable.. Right now its just very very mild cramps.. Not bad at all.. so I don't think it's a miscarriage.. plus the bleeding when I had my miscarriage was horrible and I passed huge clots.. I'm just so confused.. My doctor told me I had pretty much 0 chance of getting pregnant but that it was slightly possible.. What are everyones thoughts?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Good to see you again! I don't know what to say. Except I know having a tubal can throw off your cycles. I would just get a blood test. Especially since you risk a tubal pregnancy after getting your tubes tied. Good luck!

amberandmonker
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:04 AM
That looks like a progesterone positive. A lot of women don't realize that preg tests can show a false positive (very faint) just off of elevated progesterone. I'd go see the dr though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I would tell you to test again in a few days, but also make a doc appt asap given that you've had your tubes tied just to be sure it's not ectopic if you want any chance of a happy surprise with your new hubby. Keep us updated and good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I'd go ahead and get in to the docs to get checked. My SIL just had her 4th child in Oct, she got preg 14 months after having her tubal done! 

ValRiggs
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Thanks everyone.. I took another test and it was pos as well.. But the bleeding got heavier and I've been passing a lot of clots.. so I'm thinking either its evap lines where I used cheap tests and it's just my period coming way early, or it was a very early miscarriage.. Either way.. I am gonna get an apt. to be seen soon and try to figure whats going on with my cycles.. It's very frustrating. :(

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Good luck! Hope you get it figured out!

Quoting ValRiggs:

Thanks everyone.. I took another test and it was pos as well.. But the bleeding got heavier and I've been passing a lot of clots.. so I'm thinking either its evap lines where I used cheap tests and it's just my period coming way early, or it was a very early miscarriage.. Either way.. I am gonna get an apt. to be seen soon and try to figure whats going on with my cycles.. It's very frustrating. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ValRiggs
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Just a little update on whats going on.. I only bled for 3 days.. the 11th-15th.. and it got heavy for about 1 day and I passed a lot of clots... but it still wasn't anywhere near as bad as it usually is. Which is very unusual for me.. My periods last an entire 7 days and get so bad at times I can go thru a tampon an hour.. But anyways.. I was having 2 periods a month until I got those positive tests on Dec. 11th and bled for those 3 days.. And now I haven't bled since then.. I guess I was suppose to start yesterday if I go by the 28 day cycle.. or even 2 weeks ago since I was having a period every 2 weeks.. But as of yet.. nothing.. so I really don't know whats going on.. I am going to get another test today if I dont' start here soon.. and see what it says.. If I get another positive then I guess it's off to the doctor for me.. I am just so confused though.

sarcasm

CafeMom Tickers
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Looking forward to your update! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JunkYdMom
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Good luck!! I hope it turns out like you want
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ValRiggs
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Thanks guys! It would be great to have a baby with my hubby.. But I did have my tubes tied in march during my c section.. so it's like.. even tho I had those positive tests last month.. I guess I'm just in denial it could really happen.. But I still have not started.. Hes going to buy some groceries and I asked him to pick up a test.. Fingers crossed! I'm nervous.. Because if I AM really indeed pregnant.. We are not out of the woods yet.. because where I had my tubes tied I would be at risk of a tubal preg. Thankfully I haven't had any cramping which is a sign of that.. But I update later and if I find anything out :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)