Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

First time mom....question

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:50 AM
  • 14 Replies
I will be 38 weeks Thursday and am 80% effaced and 1 cm dilated....could I ask for a membrane sweep?
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:57 AM
You can ask for whatever you want, but they may not comply. It hurts like heck ( well, it did for me) and it may do nothing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
taetae1993
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:02 AM
The only reason I want that is because I went to l&d last night with contractions and something happened where the baby's heart had almost completely stopped. I am literally terrified of something happening
DollFace-23
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:03 AM
At first I read that as you are 38, I was thinking wow this is her first child, not in a bad way, lol then I realized it said 38 weeks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taetae1993
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:05 AM
lol yeah I wish
jakesmom323
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:06 AM
It hurts.......it doesn't always prompt going into labor. Good luck, your almost there:)
taetae1993
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:09 AM
Thanx :)
try4baby20
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:36 AM
You were misinformed if baby was having decels they would not have sent you home!

Quoting taetae1993:

The only reason I want that is because I went to l&d last night with contractions and something happened where the baby's heart had almost completely stopped. I am literally terrified of something happening

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:30 AM
If this happened, they shouldn't have sent you home! You should call and talk to your doctor and find out what happened.

You can ask for a membrane sweep, but they may say no. It's not a guaranteed way to put you into labor and may just make you very uncomfortable.

Quoting taetae1993:

JennyLee24
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:43 AM
I had mine done both time..didnt hurt at all for me..just a little preasure but i think i already had my epidural
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taetae1993
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:45 AM
It happened. I was put on oxygen and had 3 doctors in there. They said they were confident he would be ok and sent me home. Have a dr appointment in an hour so I'm hoping they will tell me something
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)