Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help ladies!!!! I do not know what else to do !!!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:52 AM
  • 15 Replies
I am a first time mom , my son would be 2 months in 5 days. He has been constipated since a week old. Every time I take him to the doctor they tell me that's normal. My baby be in so much pain and I honestly think it is from the milk ( he's on similac ) . I found out his dad and his dad sisters and brothers was the same way when they were younger and had to be put on prosobee. I expressed my feelings to the doctor and told him that and told him I honestly think its the milk and he just do not care,my baby had even been congested since he was born and his doctor just brushes it off saying its normal i tried a humidifier and saline drops and that did nothing . My baby screams and cries because his stomach hurts so bad. He grunts and strains and try to go but can't. The doctor told me to try karo syrup, prune juice, putting a thermometer to help him go , leg exercise etc but nothing works . I took him to the emergency room but they told me to do the same thing his doctor said and told me talk to his doctor about changing his milk. I tried and the doctor is not interested. My baby is miserable and it seems as if the doctor do not care. I need to change his doctor but our car broke down and the next doctor is about a hour away. Should I take matters into my own hands and change his milk to enfamil prosobee ? What would you ladies do?

baby

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
austinsmama1106
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Switch doctors and yes try a different formula.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JennyLee24
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:13 AM
If there is any other way u can make the trip to a different doctor, i would do that. I did do the karo syrup in the bottle and it worked very well. It has got to be the formula, maybe u should change it on ur own..hes your baby..follow ur insticts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pegleg89
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Had this problem.. I would mix about two ounce of karo syurp and water. And it didn't work instantly but before that night it would all come out! I know exactly what ur going thru and how hard it is... we switched her to similac sensitive.. GL girl!
mrs.Martinez201
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:57 AM
I used kayro as well, I just put a little bit in the bottle and all went well

Quoting pegleg89:

Had this problem.. I would mix about two ounce of karo syurp and water. And it didn't work instantly but before that night it would all come out! I know exactly what ur going thru and how hard it is... we switched her to similac sensitive.. GL girl!

Devious103102
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Have you tried givin him water with a small amount of sugar in it? It's the only thing that worked for my sister's daughter. 

LaughingTattoo
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Your the mom...change his formula

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM

We had to use karo syrup with DD as well.  

shjchica
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM

With my little sister when she was a baby if she had colic or constipated her pediatrician recommended getting some warm water and using brown sugar, not white sugar in the bottle. It'd relieve the gassiness and help her poop. Hell to this day I still do it, lol, and it works, it's not instant but it draws water into the bowels to help you go naturally.

Quoting Devious103102:

Have you tried givin him water with a small amount of sugar in it? It's the only thing that worked for my sister's daughter. 

SkylarBeth
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM

My Best buddy went through the same thing. Try Gerber Good Start, and a probiotic. He doesn't poop every day but he consistantly poops every other day. Get a new doctor or go in and see the Nurse Practitioner or a PA, they always seem to be just a bit more passionate about their line of work :) I hope he start pooping for you soon.

Tea4Tas
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Why would you need your dr to change the formula-you can do whatever you want can't you? I never gave my kids any formula so I wasn't aware you would even need toask your Dr.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)