Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our ds picked out his baby sisters name...i think its awesome & i love it...plus its a neat story he can tell her...hes 7 by the way...

Her name:
Emileigh Jayde

What you think? Im in love with it.... :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Replies (11-20):
Megan11587
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:00 AM
5 moms liked this

She asked for opinions...

Quoting TLQSlovesME:

Who cares about the way it's spelled?! UGH! People like that annoy me! Spell YOUR daughter's name however YOU want to, mama. When she's older, she will get sooo many compliments on it :) I love the way it's spelled. I think it's looks elegant and very unique! Good going!

Duquesne
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:00 AM
5 moms liked this
You're resigning her to a life of correcting the spelling of her name, but if that's cool, then go for it. I wouldn't burden my child with that job. Spelling doesn't make the name unique. It's still Emily. :) it's a nice name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I read it as Emmy-lee, not Emily. One of many reasons I don't like arbitrary spellings.

Quoting Duquesne:

You're resigning her to a life of correcting the spelling of her name, but if that's cool, then go for it. I wouldn't burden my child with that job. Spelling doesn't make the name unique. It's still Emily. :) it's a nice name.

rayroe2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Right!

Quoting Duquesne:

CafeMom Tickers
rayroe2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

emmy-lee is the same as Emily! it is not said any different. Emily is pronuced emmy-lee. so what are you talking about?

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

I read it as Emmy-lee, not Emily. One of many reasons I don't like arbitrary spellings.

Quoting Duquesne:

CafeMom Tickers
Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
No one is trashing her. She asked for opinions and people gave them. If she was sure she wanted the name and spelling, then she wouldn't have asked a group what they thought of it.

Personally, I think it's cute but I also wouldn't do two names spelled differently. She'll forever have to correct people on both names, which gets frustrating.

Quoting TLQSlovesME:

Who cares about the way it's spelled?! UGH! People like that annoy me! Spell YOUR daughter's name however YOU want to, mama. When she's older, she will get sooo many compliments on it :) I love the way it's spelled. I think it's looks elegant and very unique! Good going!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:10 AM
There is a difference. Emily is pronounced Em-il-ee. Not Em-ee-lee.

Quoting rayroe2:

emmy-lee is the same as Emily! it is not said any different. Emily is pronuced emmy-lee. so what are you talking about?

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

Quoting Duquesne:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsniebo
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM

While I like the name, I don't care for the spelling. That will make for a good story that you let your son name the baby.

shjchica
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I personally love it! I'm all for different spellings of names. If everyone had traditional spellings life would be boring. Granted my LO is going to be Madison Rae that's how her daddy wanted it, well I spelled Rae because he wanted Ray LOL. My cousin is Emilee - after our great grandfather Emil. I'm Kimberly Ann, and I still after 28 years with this name get Kimberlee, Kimberley, Kimberleigh (yeah that was a new one to me). How hard is Kimberly? lol

pegleg89
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
THIS... :)))

Quoting TLQSlovesME:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured