Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy
Our ds picked out his baby sisters name...i think its awesome & i love it...plus its a neat story he can tell her...hes 7 by the way...

Her name:
Emileigh Jayde

What you think? Im in love with it.... :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Replies (31-40):
TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM
She asked what others think of the name. That includes the spelling. That's kind of the point of the post. *smh*

Quoting TLQSlovesME:

Who cares about the way it's spelled?! UGH! People like that annoy me! Spell YOUR daughter's name however YOU want to, mama. When she's older, she will get sooo many compliments on it :) I love the way it's spelled. I think it's looks elegant and very unique! Good going!

New.OrleansLady
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I say Emily as Emma- lee I read e one in op as Emmy lee  also 

Quoting rayroe2:

emmy-lee is the same as Emily! it is not said any different. Emily is pronuced emmy-lee. so what are you talking about?

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

I read it as Emmy-lee, not Emily. One of many reasons I don't like arbitrary spellings.

Quoting Duquesne:

You're resigning her to a life of correcting the spelling of her name, but if that's cool, then go for it. I wouldn't burden my child with that job. Spelling doesn't make the name unique. It's still Emily. :) it's a nice name.

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this
I love the name and that brother chose it, but I'm with 95% of the replies - the spelling is a problem. She will have to correct people on spelling and pronounciation her whole life. A lot of people view the "unique" spelling of non-unique names with a negative view. I wouldn't do that to a child.
Randi02
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM
4 moms liked this
This. Spelling it like that doesn't make her any more unique than the millions of other Emilys, it just means she will spend more time correcting spelling and pronunciation.

Quoting PEEK05:

I think that is an absolutely horrid way to spell the first name.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Hate hate hate hate. :( 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

To add to what mostly everyone has said: going "unique" with the spelling doesn't make the name unique at all. it's the same exact name. When her teacher calls out "Emily!" all ten of them, regardlkess of spelling, will come running. 

Hate it.

SamuelsMommy13
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:20 PM

i love it :)

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:20 PM

All that matters is that you love it. 

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Me too.  

I like the name, just not the spelling.  

Ultimately, it doesn't matter.  It's your kid!  You get to name her whatever you want! 

Quoting Megan11587:

I don't like when people spell names weird..sorry.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Also: if you have to ask, "is this a bad name", it probably is. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)