Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need some advice on maybe being pregnant

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM
  • 9 Replies
Last month i started a new bc pill with no estrogen in it due to the fact i was getting mirgaines from the others. They thought my body was having too much estrgogen so thats why i was getting headaches...so they warned me that this pill really isnt that effective UNLESS i take my pill every day at the same time and if i were to take it late or miss to use protection for the next 48 hours. Now this pill that im on has no sugar pills. I was told the first month i might not get a period or i would get break through bleeding. typically my periods only last for 4 days. So i actually got a period twice last month. November 9th waa my last period. My husband and i do want another baby. We were recently on vacation last week and i was supposd to get my period december 5th. The first week of december when we were on vacation i either missed my pill or took it late. Total of 5 pills i missed this month. We have had sex pretty much every day this month so far. So i havent got my period was 5 days late. Tender breast back achez moody etc. took 2 hpt test both came back neg. Yesterday i started to spot light, then it turned into heavy somewhat. Ive been doing reseaech about bejng pregnant and still getting your period and theres women put there that has had this happen to them. Then im think maybe im bleedkng because ive missed my pill 5 times this month so now my cycle is messwd up. i dont want to keep taking the pill of theres a chance that i could be pregnant. Could i be pregnant i guess is my question?
Any advice wpuld be great thanks!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

You can pretty much always be pregnant unless you've had a hysterectomy. 

Delise153
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Well if you took your pill late or missed some days (which is what I did a lot and now I am 5 months pregnant) there is always a possibility. You might not have ovulated those days or you might have. I had some spotting and heavy bleeding with the implantation ( I didn't think I was pregnant because of that.) Low and behold I started having morning sickness a week or two after that and I had a positive test result!

Kristin0312
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM
So how long should i wait until i test again? What for the bleeding to stop?
Delise153
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I would wait a week or two see how you feel- maybe start taking pre-natals now if you feel it nescessary or if you kinda feel "pregnant".

Quoting Kristin0312:

So how long should i wait until i test again? What for the bleeding to stop?

Kristin0312
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Do you think there could be a chance
hplesha
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Ive gotten pregnant before my period.

I was on the paragard. I had it taken out after 5yrs to become pregnant. I had it taken out 3mos before we started trying. My periods come like clockwork. Every 28 days on the day. Because i wasn't on any bc, my periods were 5 days again. When i was on bc, it was down to 3 days. We had sex 3 days before i was supposed to get my period. I did get my period, but it was lighter than normal. I waited for the whole month and tested the day i should have ended my period the next month. By the time i went to the Dr not even 4 days later, i was 4wks and 3 days by then
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristin0312
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:17 PM
I was 5 days late got spotting yesterday very light then turned into heavy now its somewhat light again not how my periods normally are.
Devious103102
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Only way to know for sure is to test, or have a blood test done.

Kristin0312
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Ive taken 4 hpt and all neg.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)