Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't take my baby anywhere, thank you.

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM
  • 88 Replies
1 mom liked this

Soooo....I've been reading some reviews of different hospitals in my area. Some of them say that while a certain hospitals allow 24 hour rooming-in, that they will take the baby once or twice a day for routine check ups, which parents cannot attend.

I don't understand why hospital staff would make a parent think that they cannot be present during a routine exam of their minor child. I feel bad for the gullible parents that actually fall for that. If that is the case with my hospital, I plan on telling them that either a parent will be present, and that is non-negotiable.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsladyface
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM
I went on a tour of the hospital we are using and the only times they take them out the room is for the earring test because they have to go in a sound proof room and then for the circumcision . Other than that only if you request for them to go to the nursery if they are crying babies and you need rest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:02 PM
they let my dh and mom follow my ds1 and we plan on doing the same thing with baby boy 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrancineSmith
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Is it normal for parents to not be present for a circumcision? I've only hd a girl, so I haveno clue...

Quoting mrsladyface:

I went on a tour of the hospital we are using and the only times they take them out the room is for the earring test because they have to go in a sound proof room and then for the circumcision . Other than that only if you request for them to go to the nursery if they are crying babies and you need rest.

lillucky8
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Baby stays with us except for heal stick and hearing test but i was okay with the nurse letting me nap for an hour. They have baby logack in our hospital so i wasnt too worried. But i do know you can go with the baby if youd prefer. I had to bring ds back for a repeat hearing test at two wks old and i held him while it was done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keyonsmom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:08 PM
For my kids they took them for tests and the circumcision which was fine and quick. Im all for them taking baby to the nursery its something i regretted with the first. I wanted him with me the whole time but that was the only time i had to get sleep since he was born.
mrsladyface
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM
I'm not sure really this is my first but I always thought we would be there...

Quoting FrancineSmith:

Is it normal for parents to not be present for a circumcision? I've only hd a girl, so I haveno clue...

Quoting mrsladyface:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM

The hospital I had DD3 in you were allowed to go to the checkups but I never did. 

Mrs.wilcox01
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
You tube it.it's notsomething I would want to see

Quoting mrsladyface:

I'm not sure really this is my first but I always thought we would be there...

Quoting FrancineSmith:

Quoting mrsladyface:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I wasn't present for my son's circumcision, but he was in the NICU for a week and they did it while he was there.  Though I did visit for a few hours every day, I wasn't there all day.  They did it while I was gone.

Quoting FrancineSmith:

Quoting mrsladyface:

HisB0107
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Agreed! My DH was even there for the circumcision. There was not a time that my DS or my DD were out of my sight or my DH's sight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)