Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Eating

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:36 PM
  • 21 Replies

I try and eat as healthy as possible most of the time during the day and I don't keep sweets or snacks in the house that are unhealthy so I'm kinda stuck eating well....it's annoying but I know it's good for me. If I wanna eat cake or cookies I literally have to bake them. Chips I gotta go to the store...and with my 9m/o DD that can make it too much of an effort to bother...... Every so often I indulge though....call up my Dh at work and request a special order =) Usually the most horrible kind of fast food too.

Do you indulge yourself with eating whatever and whenever you want.....or do you try and control the cravings?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tuckermum
by Crysta on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:41 PM
I do every now and then but other wise I ignore them because I know my cravings will pass. My husband wont let me have fast food. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:42 PM

yeah that would not be cool with me. I cry about food hahahha

Quoting tuckermum:

I do every now and then but other wise I ignore them because I know my cravings will pass. My husband wont let me have fast food. Lol

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I indulge.  

A little less so now that I have GD, but I still indulge.  I just monitor the carbs and exercise more.  

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM

won't let you?

Quoting tuckermum:

tuckermum
by Crysta on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Oh I do. ive cried so many times lol. But he wants me to eat good for the baby. We have been eating organic.

Quoting jellybeanjean:

yeah that would not be cool with me. I cry about food hahahha

Quoting tuckermum:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babydsmommy18
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:05 PM
I eat what I want when I want.. I've lost 12lbs and have horrible morning.sickness so when I want something I want it now.. The other day I cried over subway. I was home with my 4,3&2 year old my car was getting new tires and dh was at work. I called my brother crying over a sub.. Lol he drove an hour to my house ( I live on Colorado, he lives in Wyoming) and brought me a sub.. It was.that bad.. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tuckermum
by Crysta on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Yeah. We eat alot of organic food. He has turned into a kinda health nut. he just wants me to eat good for the baby. Which I dont mind. I can live without fast food. Even though I miss it sometimes lol.

Quoting anxiousschk:

won't let you?

Quoting tuckermum:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
millafpcosta
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I just found out Im pregnat on monday.   (still sounds weird saying that) . I'm 4 weeks now and I started wathcing what I eat .. not just for me but for the baby too. I hate vegetables but I will make an efford to eat "cleaner". No more Mcdonalds for me for the next 9 months.

CollinMommy
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

this week, i have all but given up fighting.... The MCRIB is back... and even not pregnant i can't resist that... so i'm just really really in trouble now!!!!! My SO just laughs at me and shakes his head. he knows i usually do eat rather healthy, and there isn't a veggie i don't like at all.... but i just cannot keep myself out of Mcdonalds drive through!!!!! HELP.... make them take it away!!!!!! 

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:38 PM

If you're eating generally healthy, fast food isn't going to hurt.  

Quoting CollinMommy:

this week, i have all but given up fighting.... The MCRIB is back... and even not pregnant i can't resist that... so i'm just really really in trouble now!!!!! My SO just laughs at me and shakes his head. he knows i usually do eat rather healthy, and there isn't a veggie i don't like at all.... but i just cannot keep myself out of Mcdonalds drive through!!!!! HELP.... make them take it away!!!!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)