Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pissed and Idk....

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

So last Friday I went to urgent care because I could tell that I have a Uti (i get them frequently so i know what it feels like) the dr tells me that he doesnt think that I have a uti and that it just feels like one so he sends me home and tells me to continue taking azo for the pain and he will send it out for a culture. I got a call last night that I needed to be put on antibiotics because it came back that I have a uti. Well the night before I got the call I woke up in the middle of the night with terrible back pains and my stomach was killing me, I had minor cramps but felt like my stomach was internally burning. It went away after about 30 minutes and I was able to get back to sleep. I was going to go to the ER but since it went away i figured it was just gas or something. So I went last night and got the antibiotics that I needed but I am still having minor cramping and back pain. I dont know if i should just tough it out and wait a few more days for the meds to start working or if I should call my OB. Any suggestions?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Call the OB....could it have moved into a kidney infection? 

Missmyangel1
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Thats what I am wondering but I dont know if they will do anything different or not. I had one go into my kidneys in the past and they just pumped me with antibiotics. I am just pissed it even got this far :(

Quoting anxiousschk:

Call the OB....could it have moved into a kidney infection? 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Call your dr!

Missmyangel1
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I ended up going in. It wasnt really beneficial lol she just told me to continue the meds and it should be better in 24 hours or so. Ugh i hate uti's :(

Quoting Pandapanda:

Call your dr!

sissy852
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:24 AM
i hate utis i get them all the time. I have had 4 this pregnancy. I get them so often that the only way i know i have one is because my pee stinks. It doesnt burn when i pee anymore. I get what you get oh i doubt that you have one and a couple days later i am on meds for one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Missmyangel1
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:34 AM

It is very frustrating, its like I think i know my body! I usually get them every month, I have only had 2 during this pregnancy so far but when I am not pregnant I get em a lot. I have to go to a urologist after this pregnancy.. they are NOT fun!! 

Quoting sissy852:

i hate utis i get them all the time. I have had 4 this pregnancy. I get them so often that the only way i know i have one is because my pee stinks. It doesnt burn when i pee anymore. I get what you get oh i doubt that you have one and a couple days later i am on meds for one

sissy852
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:37 AM
yeah it gets frusterating.

Quoting Missmyangel1:

It is very frustrating, its like I think i know my body! I usually get them every month, I have only had 2 during this pregnancy so far but when I am not pregnant I get em a lot. I have to go to a urologist after this pregnancy.. they are NOT fun!! 

Quoting sissy852:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN