Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pass the baby?!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM
  • 16 Replies

It amazes me that parents let everyone under the sun hold thier children. 

For example, A girl at church has a now 3 week old little girl who she brings to every service, and she just gets passed around. 

When DS was smaller, no one held him in public places like that. He stayed in our pew with DH and I. We have a small family so at family get togethers he was sometimes passed around to family, as long as they had clean hands, and hadn't been smoking. 

What are your rules for the LO?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

BabyFruit Ticker

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amirahsmommy11
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Yea shes one and I still don't really let people hold her like that in public places
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I keep my baby in a sling when we're out for pretty much at least the first 4 weeks.  Family I don't necessarily mind some holding, but baby stays in my sling, or my husbands for the majority of the time.

sissy852
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM
i let people hold my ds1 at a young age. Soon after he was born
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clz0213
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM

DH and I have already discussed that just close family will hold her. I'm not for the whole passing baby around thing. I don't want to sound like a germaphobe because I'm not one, but frankly, people are dirty lol. I'd prefer my baby to stay only with those I completely trust.

jaden332
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM
For the first month of his life I only let select people at church hold him. I let my family hold him always though. I trusted them with him. Now he's 3 months and everyone at church loves to hold him and I don't mind. Of course by everyone i mean adults. My DH and I are the youth pastors and the teens don't carrying him all over just yet. I do allow them to hold in my presence though. I never liked when someone asked me to wash my hands to hold thier baby so I have never asked anyone to do so.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM
I let people I know hold my children. As long as they are not running fevers that is.
newmom121812
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM
No one holds him unless they have washed/ sanitized there hands. And only select few get to hold him. If i could id keep him in a bubble lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Kney-
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:11 PM

well I had my son 2 weeks ago and I am very big on him not leaving my sight.. I do not let strangers hold him, family is okay but I am usually always watching them.

I also make those who smoke go outside and wash their hands before they get to hold him.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:12 PM

As long as I know were baby is I an fine with who wants to hold her. But when we are social events it is for family. So baby is passed around family members. 

jessymoka
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:25 PM
I am with you on this!
I have three kids and am pregnant with our fourth. It absolutely blows my mind how some of the moms let the preteen girls runs all over the church holding their babies. I know the girls mean no harm, but my baby is NOT their toy.
The girls will be unpleasantly surprised when this baby comes and I don't even put it in the nursery and on top of that don't pass my baby off to them, they are so used to people just handing over their babies.

I'm telling you, a sling is a beautiful thing. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)