Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vinegar...?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

The past 2 days I have had salad with oil and red vinegar instead of ranch, and its just so good. Today I am kind of thinking about cutting up a cucumber and eating it with a little bit of vinegar, it just sounds so good. Am I having to much vinegar, or should I just be happy that I have my appetite back?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikkikry
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Is there such a thing as too much vinegar? lol When I was pregnant with DD1 I craved vinegar anything. I ate sooo many salt & vinegar chips. And I would even sometimes smell our bottle of white vinegar that was in the cabinet (I know I'm weird)....it was just such a crazy craving! If my heartburn hadn't been so bad I might've started drinking it straight!

D.Whitfield
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:11 PM

i dont think there is a such thing as to much vinegar, and my sister ate vinegar on everything during her pregnacy

CafeMom Tickers

cmj33
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Quoting nikkikry:

Is there such a thing as too much vinegar? lol When I was pregnant with DD1 I craved vinegar anything. I ate sooo many salt & vinegar chips. And I would even sometimes smell our bottle of white vinegar that was in the cabinet (I know I'm weird)....it was just such a crazy craving! If my heartburn hadn't been so bad I might've started drinking it straight!

hahahah I guess there is no such thing as to much vinegar. I wasnt sure, it was just weird because I never really have liked vinegar as much as I am craving it. I think I like it because its just so potent and sour kind of. Whelp, all this talk is making me want those cucumbers.

jessymoka
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:14 PM
I don't think your crazy... Vinegar makes my mouth water like crazy.
As a kid growing up we had this polish thing we ate (I know I will spell it wrong) call svitzshunka.
It's two different sausages, ham and hard boiled egg all mashed up the ham and sausage cubed and cubes of the bread. You boil vinegar and water and pour that over the meat and eggs and it makes a broth (my mouth is watering now, thinking about it)
It was only at Easter and SO delicious.
Only people born into the family ate it with vinegar because the married in people thought we were nuts.
Oooooooh so good!

Quoting nikkikry:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessymoka
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:15 PM
P.s. I swear I could drink Italian dressing!!! I love it!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:16 PM
No such thing as too much lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tiffnkids
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Omg ur making me want spinach with vinegar in ut....yuuuum
nikkikry
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Mmm that sounds yummy! I'm Polish too so I'm used to stuff like that.

I would crave salt & vinegar chips and chocolate milk at the same time...people thought I was crazy I think. And hubby would just roll his eyes at me when I sniffed the vinegar jug :)

Quoting jessymoka:

I don't think your crazy... Vinegar makes my mouth water like crazy.
As a kid growing up we had this polish thing we ate (I know I will spell it wrong) call svitzshunka.
It's two different sausages, ham and hard boiled egg all mashed up the ham and sausage cubed and cubes of the bread. You boil vinegar and water and pour that over the meat and eggs and it makes a broth (my mouth is watering now, thinking about it)
It was only at Easter and SO delicious.
Only people born into the family ate it with vinegar because the married in people thought we were nuts.
Oooooooh so good!

Quoting nikkikry:

Devious103102
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Nothing wrong with that. 

LiDoMama
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Nope. Vinegar is delicious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)