Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spotting in early pregnancy

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM
  • 6 Replies

i am about 4 weeks, give or take, and just started having some light brownish/pinkish spotting... is this normal or should i call the dr??

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:25 PM

It can be normal and it can not be normal. I know it is hard not to worry. Are you cramping at all? Is is a lot or just like you said a spot here and there? I guess I am asking about how much is it? It never hurts to call and ask them about it. That is what they are there for. They are there to help us understand and feel better know it may not be anything. But to hear it from them does help from time to time. 

My third I has some spotting called my midwife. She would talk to me and it helped me relax. 

Kennadismom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM
My dr said it's normal but that early its a waiting game. ve heard of many many women spotting or even bleeding during the first trimester and all was normal. Pay attention to how much blood and color/consistency. If it stays brownish/pink it means old blood however if it turns bright red, clotted, or accompanied by cramping id call the dr. Good luck! Keep us posted
Amycapl
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM

thanks ladies!! i do have a bit of cramping but only a bit. i'm trying not to stress and just give this baby good growing vibes :)

myredheads
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I had some spotting with my twins ;)

summerbear
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
With all of my pregnancies that I carried to term, I have spotted or bled a little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TMOM101
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I had brown spotting then it turned pink in the first three months. I went in and have an anterior placenta and it was just a bit irritated. Felt so relieved. Then last week (I am 19 weeks 1 day) I had actual bleeding and thought for sure I was losing her, but they said I had a yeast infection which irritated my cervix (Had them before and this time didn't feel a thing) and that the baby was kicking my c-section scar tissue, which I have alot of, and making it bleed. So totally normal, baby was active and healthy. So while I panicked also, there are lots of other reasons for bleeding, besides miscarriage. Good Luck:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)