Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mucus plug....?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm a little embarrassed to be asking since I will be 30 weeks on Friday, but what exactly is a mucus plug?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsladyface
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I looked it up on google and then google images! I didn't know either and it's not pretty to see but at least you will know what you're lookin for!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommap87
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Its like a very large glob of snot. It can be tinged yellow or clear and have pink tinge to it. It literally looks like raw egg white in a huge blob. Its nasty but once your cervix dilates it can come out.

Roe1993
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Just googled it myself. The pictures were a little scary o.o lol

Mommap87
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM

LOL I shoulda warned ya sooner.... Its kinda nauseating looking at something like that and knowing it came from some other womans vagina.... BARF! lol

Quoting Roe1993:

Just googled it myself. The pictures were a little scary o.o lol

Roe1993
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Lol, definitely nauseating lol

LaughingTattoo
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM

So I know what it is and Ive seen mine....but I just had to google it anyway. Mine did not look like that

throwing up

Roe1993
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Scary, right lol?

ParanormalSarah
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Well, it's the mucus plug that keeps a barrier between your uterus and the vagina.... more or less. Much like when you ovulate you have a mucus cycle, the plug will be a little discolored but sticky jello like that and when it comes out (for some in pieces over weeks, for some in a big glob) you'll be on the look out to getting 'close'. Close meaning weeks but it's a sign you're going in the right direction to baby!

Mine came out in pieces - gross but exciting.

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Mine came out in one big glob after my C-section.   No one told me what it was (and I asked the nurses about it).  I'm only now realizing what it was...after researching what a mucus plug was :)

Mommap87
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:38 PM

DO NOT google LOL Its bad for the tummy haha... I googled it once when i was prego with my daughter in 2006 and i have not looked since... Dont wanna vomit haha

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

So I know what it is and Ive seen mine....but I just had to google it anyway. Mine did not look like that

throwing up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)