Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

depressed :(

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM
  • 4 Replies
I am so sad I can't stop crying. Im angry about EVERYTHING in my life. I wanted this baby so bad and now I doubt that I will even be a good mom. I don't want to be around anyone, I don't want to do anything. I hate my df most of the time and don't even have a reason. Im only 21 weeks and feel like im running out if time. Is this normal? What do I do? I really need help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
soaringflutes
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Mood swings and being emotional is normal during pregnancy.  If this has been going on for a while, you might want to ask your doctor for a referral for a therapist, especially if you have had depression in the past.  I'm not going to tell you everything will be okay, because I don't know your situation.  But, having suffered from depression before, it shouldn't be taken lightly, and you can get help for it, even while pregnant.  I hope you feel better. 

Jblaac57
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Thank you, it has been a while and im also unmedicated and bipolar. I try to balance myself on my own but im failing miserably I guess

Quoting soaringflutes:

Mood swings and being emotional is normal during pregnancy.  If this has been going on for a while, you might want to ask your doctor for a referral for a therapist, especially if you have had depression in the past.  I'm not going to tell you everything will be okay, because I don't know your situation.  But, having suffered from depression before, it shouldn't be taken lightly, and you can get help for it, even while pregnant.  I hope you feel better. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soaringflutes
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Oh, it makes sense now.  My best friend is bipolar, and needs medication all the time.  I hope you can get into seeing a psychiatrist as soon as possible.  There may be some medications that you can safely take right now.  When I talked to my doctor about meds and being pregnant, we discussed the risks to me as a mother and to the baby as well.  For instance, being depressed can effect how much water you drink, how much food (and what kind) you eat, and how you sleep.  Plus if you are having ANY suicidal thoughts, it's best to get treated with medication, in my opinion, because you need to be here for your baby. 

Maybe people will tell you that you shouldn't take medications while pregnant, but I'd get to your doctor as soon as possible, listen to them, and make a judgement from what they say.  You deserve to feel better and be well. 

Just because you are feeling badly doesn't mean that you will be a bad mom.  Feelings of guilt and despair can color what you think of yourself while depressed.  You can get through this; you are not alone.  Hugs and prayers your way.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:58 AM

It's hormones, but I think talking to your midwife or OB would be very beneficial! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)