Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Preterm contractions

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM
  • 12 Replies
So I spent last night at the hospital with contractions... I had to have fluids. Cause they thought I was dehydrated and of course I was not( this is my 2nd pregnancy I do know I need lots of water) so I had to have not just one shot to stop contractions but two... Was really just wondering who has been through this before? How far a lot you were? And if you had the baby early? I am only 32 weeks and am really freakin out... Now I am on light duty stuff I can't do anything to cause contractions again... Pretty much walking bed rest grrrrrr..... HELP
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I did, I was 34 weeks with my 2nd and I was having contraction, dilated from 2-3 cent while I was there in L&D for an hour.

I got a shot of tributalin.  Went back the next week, got another shot.  I had my daughter at 38w2d. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! I hope your baby cooperates :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.Whitfield
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM

good luck, even if babe is early at this point, things will look good, weight will be down but the stuff that needs to be there is.

CafeMom Tickers

Whereismymind
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I am 25 weeks and have been on full bedrest for a week :/ I have to stay on bedrest until I'm 36 weeks , I feel like the next 11 weeks will drag by! I was on bedrest with my last from 29-36 weeks. I has him at 37 weeks.  It's rough to be on bedrest but it helped me stay pregnant at least I think so . I hope the next few weeks fly by for you! 

jewmaw13
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:45 PM
I hear ya im in the same boat...bedrest but but no quite bedrest...just take it easy and relax when you can...my last baby was born at 35 weeks...she had to stay in the nicu for a month but shes doing great now and a lil over a yr old
Dakotasmomma12
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:37 PM
That's what worries me... I don't want her to have to go to nicu... I just want very thing to be okay... I keep telling everyone it's walking bed rest... An as much as I would love a day of not stressing over te house or what it is my son is trying to eat off the floor I can't... I am a mom and a wife, a aunt and a niece and a daughter in law... There is too many people that need stuff done in my house and my husband can't do it all... So I wish I could take a step back but I can't... I have thugs that have to get done... I have known all along that I would not make it to my due date but I did not think it would start this early...I feel like these next 8 weeks are going to be stressful and very hard....

Quoting jewmaw13:

I hear ya im in the same boat...bedrest but but no quite bedrest...just take it easy and relax when you can...my last baby was born at 35 weeks...she had to stay in the nicu for a month but shes doing great now and a lil over a yr old

jewmaw13
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Quoting Dakotasmomma12:

I hear ya...the world doesnt stop cuz we're on bedrest...i want to go on house cleaning strike tho it seems just as soon as something gets clean my df and 2yr old ds go right behind me and mess it up again and dishes...oui i have seriousky considered throwing all our dishes away besides the cook wear and use plastic plates, cups and silverwear ugh...but i must say im pretty lucky to have such a supportive df...i was layed up in bed all day yesterday with awful contractions anc the worst backpain ive ever felt in my life...yes the nicu can be very scary...the high risk hospital i had to give birth on had a wonderful nicu...she had her own room and nurse and they were all wonderful...im only 28w+6 today and im nervous about going into labor before 35 weeks...so im doing what i can not to but my body seems to think otherwise...i wish my body woukd get the memo that i have to have a repeat c section anyway and contractions are really not needed...oui but i just keep thinking a year from now all this pain and fear will be soo worth it to have my family finally complete <3
SuperMom2433
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I had preterm labor that started at 21 weeks. Was in the hospital at 21, 27, 32 and 35 weeks. No fun. Just keep up with the fluid intake and lots of rest!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dakotasmomma12
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Well hopefully it will be a fast wait for u... Thinking about where ur at 27 weeks trying to go to 35 that's got to be hard... And here I am worried about a few weeks lol... U definetley get ur rest.... I am trying but it just is not working out I have just excepted that I will have her early... My husband helps the best he can but we have a lot on our plates right now best of luck to u

Quoting jewmaw13:

Quoting Dakotasmomma12:

I hear ya...the world doesnt stop cuz we're on bedrest...i want to go on house cleaning strike tho it seems just as soon as something gets clean my df and 2yr old ds go right behind me and mess it up again and dishes...oui i have seriousky considered throwing all our dishes away besides the cook wear and use plastic plates, cups and silverwear ugh...but i must say im pretty lucky to have such a supportive df...i was layed up in bed all day yesterday with awful contractions anc the worst backpain ive ever felt in my life...yes the nicu can be very scary...the high risk hospital i had to give birth on had a wonderful nicu...she had her own room and nurse and they were all wonderful...im only 28w+6 today and im nervous about going into labor before 35 weeks...so im doing what i can not to but my body seems to think otherwise...i wish my body woukd get the memo that i have to have a repeat c section anyway and contractions are really not needed...oui but i just keep thinking a year from now all this pain and fear will be soo worth it to have my family finally complete <3

una1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I was on bedrest at 33 weeks, I was 4cms. Only made it another 4 days before my LO came.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)