Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

circumcision

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:09 AM
  • 45 Replies
I am sure it has been done before but I had my ultrasound on Monday and we have been blessed with a DS. Circumcision used to be a given because dh is circumcized but now I'm not so sure.

I don't wants big debate. I can Google hard dry llmmñ6y6s lol. I'm looking for experience from other moms and tips and advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:13 AM
2 moms liked this

This won't stay civil since there are either far left or far right opinions on circumcision. I say do your own research on both sides and decide what to do. COnsult your child's pediatrician! Ask their opinions. Do some reading. You shouldn't have to ask strangers about what you should do with your child's penis!

japanmommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:13 AM
3 moms liked this
My dh had wanted to but since there was a concern with my sons penis our dr told us its best not to in case he needed surgery and the more skin the better. No surgery but I'm so happy we didn't do the circumcision. Everything I've read and seen about it seems so cruel and barbaric with no real benifits.

That and my mom is a nurse and two weeks after I had ds she took care of a baby who almost died because he got an infection from the hospital while getting his circumcision. Mrsa i think. It's purely a cosmetic procedure with the potential for real harm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.hill25
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

we did it with both my boys. I'm 31w(not sure what we're having) but if baby is a boy, we are doing it again. Honestly, I was there with them they cried because they couldn't move, once they got up and got there pacifier, they were fine. you have to take care of it.. Very important 

doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Why would you want to circumcise?

Why would you want to leave him intact?

Rhyinns.Mommy
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:17 AM

circumcision helps prevent infectioms and some cansers, however you can lose some sensitivity (sexyally later on) but not much. if you dont clean well and teach good hygine to prevent any problems. either way is fine just do what you want. :) (im a cna and didnt circumcise my son)

babie113
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:18 AM
His penis his choice.

My son is intact never had any issues. I'm from a country were its not done unless for medical issues so most the men I know are intact and non of them have had stds or any problems.

But like I said I think the choice should be on the owner of the penis
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflyk1ssez
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:20 AM

We did it with our first son because we thought it was cleaner and normal. We were first time parents and um, just did what we were told. We thought it was healthy, normal and better. I now have a different stance.

DS2 will NOT be circumcised.

Look at the whole network for pronon circ information if you're curious. It really changed my mind. I 100% regret my sons circumcision. You will have to make your choice and a board full of women will not and cannot make that deeply personal choice for you. 

Pregnancy Ticker

1stpreggers
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:21 AM
I circumcised my son. We were in the room for the procedure and no problems for recovery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImNotKarl
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I didn't have any issues with my intact son. I still haven't. My friends who circ'd all had varying experiences, from infection to painful diaper changes to no complications and a pleasant experience. Still, all of the non-circ moms I talk to had no complications at all and didn't need to take the extra care until it healed, so over all I think there's less risk of temporary early issues. Plus in reality, with circ rates low in most parts of the world, and dropping in the US, not being circ'd is just as normal as being circ'd is.

Seriously, though, it's your son's junk. Not my son's junk. I wouldn't do it, that doesn't mean I'm going to judge you for making a different choice. Do your research (I did TONS), watch videos, talk to other moms you trust, and make the choice that's best for your family. Anyone that calls you a bad parent for deciding based on information and education is a jerk anyway.

tiffs2009
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:34 AM
My DH is cut and so is his first don but the next 3 boys, including my son are not. It came down to the simple fact that we could not find a reason for us to get it done.

Big I in no way judge those who do.

He is 1.5 yrs and has had no issues
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)