Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

PCOS help!

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM
  • 10 Replies
I have PCOS and no period since February 2012. I have been throwing up in the mornings, but not every morning, my ovaries feel like they are shocking me, my breasts look a lil bigger and hurt but not too badly, my stomach feels like its stretching on the top, I have been having some pain in the left hand side of my upper stomach, and the right side too but not as much, been super tired and headaches. What are the chances I could be pregnant with no period for such a long time. The current job I am doing I have lost so weight could that be a factor? I am scared to take a test because everytime I have its always negative.
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PCOS6279
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Oh and my sense of smell has been off the charts. Some smells make me feel sick and food don't taste the same. Ugh!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Avetay
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Just take a test. I have pcos and I've been in the habit of taking a test every 6 weeks or so that I don't have a period or sooner if I "feel" like I've got symptoms. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tiffnkids
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Ive dealt with the same problems.... infertility.. thinking i was preg, cysts..i have even lost an ovary.. i beat infertility many times when drs told me my only chances were ivf... i use natural things and they work wonders.... i hope you can find answers
screamykittycat
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM
This exactly.
I have PCOS and I'm currently pregnant.
I had to lose weight to gain my fertility back.
I always bought test strips in bulk and took them frequently. PCOS symptoms mimic pregnancy symptoms, and without periods, it's hard to know if what you're experiencing is due to PCOS or pregnancy. Negative tests are just part of having PCOS, but you'll never know for sure unless you test.
Good luck and keep us updated!

Quoting Avetay:

Just take a test. I have pcos and I've been in the habit of taking a test every 6 weeks or so that I don't have a period or sooner if I "feel" like I've got symptoms. Good luck

tresproudmommy
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Last year I was without my period from Feb until Oct.  I started having all types symptoms from gaining weight to sore breast even a little leakage from my breast.  I thought there was no chance that I could be pregnant because I didn't have a period for so long.  I took a test and found out I was 6wks pregnant.  I know how it feels to take test after test only for it to come back negative...that's why that morning that I had to take my test I was upset because I felt like I was basically wasting my time.  When it popped up positive I almost fainted.  I've had doctors tell me that I would never be able to have kids without using feritility drugs because of my PCOS but I have a 4yr old and a 5mth old so it's possible to conceive with no period.

PCOS6279
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:37 AM
You guys give me hope. My husband and I do want a child. I have never had symptoms like these before. I think I will stop and get a test after work tonight and take it in the morning ill post what the out cone is. Thank you all for the support!
nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I have pcos and was 53 days late for a period when I got a bfp. Was 5 weeks and a few days. I had taken so many tests all being negative. It's possible. Women think you have to have a period to ovulate. No you don't. Gl Hun I hope you get your bfp
NiceMom06
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Take a test and if you need a friend , I can be on the phone with you..............yeah it sounds creepy but I get what you are going though. I have PCO and stage 4 endo. And did years of treatments to get preggo.
PCOS6279
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:54 AM
I took 1 this morning. It came out negative but I only had 2 hours of sleep. Ill give it another try in a week. Not feeling too bad this morning. A lil sick but no throwing up yay!
3boysngirl
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Well i have pcos i have 4 kids but always had a period i would take the test incase u r. Faster u know faster u can get health care for u and ur child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN