Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Discipline? Too Harsh? (OT) Opinions needed

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Is this mother doing the right thing by taking all of christmas(gifts) away from her kids?

Options:

Yes

No!

Thats just wrong

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 91

View Results

Im not pointing any fingers to anyone but I saw a post and im curious to see how many people agree or not agree with this disciplinary act.

A mother of 4 children (2,3,5,6 yr olds) has decided that her children dont deserve to have christmas because they took crayons and markers to a bassinet for her unborn child. Now Im sure as anyone would be pissed about this.

But with the children being so young, do you agree that taking every present for christmas you bought for them back to the store and having no presents under the tree at all is a good idea for discipline?

Why or why isnt it a good idea?

My personal opinion is No. Because these children are young and still have lots to learn. Sure they may know better but they are still in the age of not quite grasping WHY it happened. My 5 yr old has tried a similar thing, she thought it was fun and didnt look at the bigger picture that it would destroy the room and as a punishment I took their freedom in seperate rooms away and anything that involves markers, crayons, paints, or stickers is in my room only to be used when im watching.

Tell me your opinions on this, id love to know. Im not mentioning any names but im trying to get more open honest opinion on this. Thank you

by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Replies (41-41):
Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM
I wouldnt be able to take Christmas away. It's such a huge event, it seems cruel. They're little kids. They should help to clean it and get some extra chores, but they still deserve a Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured