Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

telling family...

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

how did you tell family?

last time was easy. I knew my dad would be happy. but I didnt know what my mom would say. she took it well. but never lets me live it down. she hates dh

and last time we told dh family. they were disappointed. but began to love the idea. and then drama happend

we have a plan to tell his parents but im afriad to tell my mom. she hates dh so much she told me I better not get pregnant again. and she said I would be making the biggest mistake of my life....

ive already decided I am not telling my parents until I hear the heartbeat... but im totally scared. :(

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers      BabyFetus Ticker

by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Heather2001
by Heather on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Sorry, hun.  Pregnancy is much easier with supportive family.  Hopefully they come around and are happy for you.

newmommy7-2013
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:30 AM

me nd my bf told r parents by sitting them at the tabel nd told them together nd said nothing u say is going to change our decession 

jasyoung2012
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:44 AM

I live about 10 hours away from my family so I called them on the phone. I called my mom and said that she was a grandmother and just told my dad that I was pregnant, he took it better than I thought he would...

JadeTigr7
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Usually I told my parents and my husband told his, but my husband was in South Korea this time (we literally got pregnant the day he left) and so I called my parents and texted his. Everyone knew we were TTC though so it wasn't a huge surprise.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aireeahnah
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Telling family can be hard. I had great responses from some family members, and awful ones from others.

The most important part is that you and the father of your child have a stable, healthy relationship, and a healthy baby. That's what matters.

You can do anything as a family and that should be your priority. Hard to look past the disappointment of people who are supposed to love you unconditionally, but at times, even their opinions don't matter.

Take care of yourself and good luck. :)

Mama_Dolly
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:09 PM

thank you ladies

Mommap87
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Girl, Bottom line is as long as your happy they have no say so and in the end its their grandbaby so they will come around. I was afraid of what my dad would say when i told him about this one, but i just let it out and told him. He was disappointed but he realized i need support not someone looking down on me.

MissRN
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I told mine in person the day we sent out announcements to all of our friends/family and DH was in charge of telling his. He didn't call them so the found out with our Christmas card just like everyone else. His dad didn't care but his mom did because she likes to be 'the first' to know everything. Like literally everything about everyone. I think it's kind of funny because it put her back into perspective that it's not about her and really doesn't impact her, it's our family and life. 

It can be hard when you have unsupportive parents but they tend to come around once baby is here. I didn't talk to my mom for four months after we told her I was pregnant the first time. She now knows DH much better and what everyone said about her coming around after DS was born turned out to be true even though I didn't believe it for a second at the time. Best of luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN