• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i posted in my due date group but didnt get any replies, hoepfully someone has experienced this here...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM
  • 13 Replies

i am 31 weeks on thursday will be 32 weeks. my son seems to be extremely low. well i went to the bathroom and noticed my underwear are way more wet than usual. not just dime size more like half a dollar bill size...and i went to check again and it is more wet. now i dont know if i am peeing and not aware of it or if im leaking amniotic fluid?.....its clear, watery..no gunk at all...no odar...im feeling a little crampy and i felt him fidget earlier but since like a half hour ago i havnt felt anything but then again i was busy giving my 22 month old a bath since she decided to go diaper diving (she had just went poo) ew. so i came back to check to see advice and had nothing so if any of you ladies have gone through this and know what is was can you give advice or something? if i keep leaking and dont feel him move i will call the on call nurse but i hate to make something out of nothing...

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lulu_tattoos
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, it could be either. But the easiest way to know is odor. Pee smells like pee, even just a bit. Many women say that amniotic fluid smells slightly sweet or has no odor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:07 AM
2 moms liked this

It could also be just watery discharge...I noticed this a lot more often towards the end of my pregnancy with my son..I ended up wearing a panty liner almost all the time because I hated the wet feeling

You can also check to see if its amniotic fluid by laying down for about 30 min...if when you stand up you feel it gush out....call your doc (the amniotic fluid will pool in your vagina while you lay down and that way you'll feel it when you stand up)

doulala
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Probably vaginal discharge.      If it is AF then you would be leaking and can work to reseal-heal up.
If you put on a maxi pad you can watch to see if you are able to fill it up/how long it takes.   
Also check your temperature for a fever, keep a log of the results, checking every four hours.

When is your next prenatal appt?
Are you able to time those cramps?

lovejessierae
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:00 AM
i was like that when i started loosing my plug but i would call you dr cause it could be something serious
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NewMamaBoo
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:01 AM

BUMP!

NewMamaBoo
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM

When's your next appointment? I'd ask dr

mommylove818
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:05 AM
That's happening to me I just turned 30 weeks on Saturday it sucks my underwear is always wet I have a dr apt on Thursday so I'm definitely going to ask.
kayla19216
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Next appointment is friday the 21st at 9am. Thank you all for your replies. I changed my underwear 30+ minutes ago layed down and checked and i was completely dry. Weird!!!
newmom121812
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM

i say discharge.

blue_elephant
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:48 AM
If you are dry its probably discharge
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)