Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just want relief!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM
  • 21 Replies
I've just gotten over a nasty flu and am now left over with a bad cough and absolutely HORRID congestion. I can't breath at night or any time, or sleep through the night as all.
We're staying with family out of state and I feel bad for being so icky. I'm blowing my nose a million times a day to try and clear my sinuses but it doesn't help.
I'm at a loss and would love any advice on how to kick this.

I've been living off of tylonal, Alcazelser plus, cough drops, and I finally just started taking Benadryl at night instead of the Alc. because it just hasn't touched the symptoms.. I'm 18 weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Those meds are designed to cover up symptoms but not heal.    If you work on healing then you can feel better normally-naturally.

Do you use a steam machine, immunity boosters, homeopathics?

Byrd15
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM
No, to be honest, I was trying to fight it myself without meds because I have no idea what's safe to take, and my OB is closed for the holidays so I can't call.
NOW, Im wiling to take anything that's safe to kick this dang congestion.

Quoting doulala:

Those meds are designed to cover up symptoms but not heal.    If you work on healing then you can feel better normally-naturally.

MommyIn2008
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Im dealing with a bronchial pneumonia so Im not much help now but what I normally would use is a cold and sinus med or a flu. Doesn't always work but it helps. Hope you can get over it quickly so you can enjoy your family time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:01 AM

You can breathe in the steam (some Eucalyptus oil in it helps).     And do you like to use a Neti pot?

Quoting Byrd15:

No, to be honest, I was trying to fight it myself without meds because I have no idea what's safe to take, and my OB is closed for the holidays so I can't call.

Quoting doulala:

Byrd15
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM
What do you take?

Quoting MommyIn2008:

Im dealing with a bronchial pneumonia so Im not much help now but what I normally would use is a cold and sinus med or a flu. Doesn't always work but it helps. Hope you can get over it quickly so you can enjoy your family time.
Byrd15
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:06 AM
I have never used a netti pot and would normally try it but with my sinuses so clogged Im afraid I would drown! Lol
My MIL has a steam thing Im going to use, and Im gonna try the Vic's in boiling water trick. I HATE it but it helps.

Quoting doulala:

You can breathe in the steam (some Eucalyptus oil in it helps).     And do you like to use a Neti pot?

Quoting Byrd15:

Quoting doulala:

doulala
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Try the steam...   Consider the neti pot, it is very helpful!      And have someone pick up some homeopathics too~  if you want.   These help cure me asap.     But I also love to trigger my immune system with natural home stuff, too~

hugs!

Byrd15
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Homeopathic? What is that lol.
I'll definetly start digging around seeing what I can find! <3

Quoting doulala:

Try the steam...   Consider the neti pot, it is very helpful!      And have someone pick up some homeopathics too~  if you want.   These help cure me asap.     But I also love to trigger my immune system with natural home stuff, too~

hugs!

doulala
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM

There are remedies/medicines that are not drugs, they are natural, and promote healing.      I have some here for stuffy nose with thick mucous, a few for different kinds of sore throats, coughs etc.     They work with specific symptoms to trigger healing...     In my town there are lots of stores that carry them, sometimes like this.

:-)

Quoting Byrd15:

Quoting doulala:
Byrd15
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:31 AM
Awsome! Thank you so much! <3

Quoting doulala:

There are remedies/medicines that are not drugs, they are natural, and promote healing.      I have some here for stuffy nose with thick mucous, a few for different kinds of sore throats, coughs etc.     They work with specific symptoms to trigger healing...     In my town there are lots of stores that carry them, sometimes like this.

:-)

Quoting Byrd15:

Quoting doulala:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)