• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is getting ridiculous. TMI maybe

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:42 AM
  • 18 Replies
I'm 28 weeks with baby #3. I have zero sex drive. Dh thinks I'm not attracted to him anymore, which isn't the case at all. I've tried explaining it to him. It hurts. It's uncomfortable and it just hurts. When we were TTC, we were having sex daily, sometimes multiple times a day. Then a few weeks into my pregnancy, my drive was just gone. I thought maybe it had to do with stress - we moved to a different state when I was 6 weeks pregnant, we were having issues with ds's dr, just lots of stress. Well, things are so much better now, but my sex drive is still in the crapper. I'm at a loss. I wasn't like this with my first two pregnancies. In fact, we had sex 3 or 4 times every single day.

What can I do?? Have any of you gone through this??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparklebug86
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:50 AM

oh yes, its completely normal during pregnancy but towards the end you may really want it but he may not since you will have the big tummy

It comes and goes but currently im not really in the mood but hubby turns into a baby if I turn him down so I put on a happy face and try to get into the mood. Works 50% of the time LOL

sissy852
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:53 AM
it is normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeghanPerez
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:54 AM
See, that's what I've been trying to do. It's just not working. In the last two months, we've had sex 3 times. =\

Quoting sparklebug86:

oh yes, its completely normal during pregnancy but towards the end you may really want it but he may not since you will have the big tummy

It comes and goes but currently im not really in the mood but hubby turns into a baby if I turn him down so I put on a happy face and try to get into the mood. Works 50% of the time LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM

It's normal for your sex drive to lower while pregnant.  A lot is going on, physically, emotionally, hormonally.  I guess I'm lucky because in these types of threads I've only read of men who get upset, or feel bad cause you don't want to have sex, and my husband has always been understanding.  I'm a little confused at how many men seem to equate your sex drive to being in love....

sparklebug86
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:57 AM

have you tried reading 50 shade of grey ;) 

Quoting MeghanPerez:

See, that's what I've been trying to do. It's just not working. In the last two months, we've had sex 3 times. =\

Quoting sparklebug86:

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
rayroe2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I lost my sex drive for a bit, what made mine come back was telling my dh what I needed and how I felt etc. Then I listed to how it felt and stuff and just making that connection made me in the mood.

MommyRJ
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Maybe try keeping him happy in other ways???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ninjascreenname
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Mine has gone too. I have the physical want and need- but zero energy to make it happen.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MeghanPerez
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Dh is understanding, but he also has low confidence. He gushes about how gorgeous pregnancy makes me and feels like I'm just not attracted to him anymore. That just isn't the case. I'm very much attracted to him, but sex couldn't be further from my mind.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

It's normal for your sex drive to lower while pregnant.  A lot is going on, physically, emotionally, hormonally.  I guess I'm lucky because in these types of threads I've only read of men who get upset, or feel bad cause you don't want to have sex, and my husband has always been understanding.  I'm a little confused at how many men seem to equate your sex drive to being in love....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

See, I've never dealt with that.  My husband and I go through periods, even out of pregnancy where we don't have sex as much, and I don't remember him ever accusing me of not being attracted to him.  Even when we don't have sex we're still intimate in other ways.  I'm just confused because I've never encountered it in my own relationship. LOL

Quoting MeghanPerez:

Dh is understanding, but he also has low confidence. He gushes about how gorgeous pregnancy makes me and feels like I'm just not attracted to him anymore. That just isn't the case. I'm very much attracted to him, but sex couldn't be further from my mind.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)