Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

38wks severly swollen. in early labor...tips or tricks plz?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:08 AM
  • 14 Replies

im vomiting and nausiated by EVERY thing! both ankels an feet r kankles an HURT  plus im having the worst double visionwith floating sparks but doc says every thing is healthy an my BH are only getting stronger now with stabbing pains bladder area an lower back.... refuse to ask doc i think he thinks im a hypercondriact since i took the books advice and was telling him bout all any any symptoms.. its like im a waste of his time.  my cervix is postieror and high and closed but baby is VERY low and im still working with my hands and feet dispit the numbness and pain from the swelling.  what can i do?????????? ready to be done! i cant eat sleep an baby is not very active any more...10 moves every 2 hours barrially. 

im contracting every 5-7 min for the last 3  days. i had them every 3-4min last night for 3 hrsbut sent me home very loopy to sleep.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Duquesne
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
If there is no protein in your urine and your BP is normal, you have nothing to worry about. Ensure they check you for it regularly if you continue to have the visual auras. Swelling of the ankles is a normal part if pregnancy as is nausea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:12 AM

You are working?
You are unable to drink?

bshoemaker
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Do you have protein in your urine? You said no high BP .... maybe it isn't pre-e for sure but it does sound serious. You can always call a different doc for another opinion or admit yourself to the ER or L&D to be sure. Pre-e can be very serious if not treated properly. I had it with my son and was induced at 37 wks over it. I had major swelling, super high BP and high protein in my urine.

ocon08
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Wellwhat worries me is being told its normal to have some protein and sharp pain and it is SUPER bad now to the point of crying. but i only have 2 days of work left. im putting myself on bed rest after that till she comes out. i have a 3 and 4 yr old as well an neverhad this befor.. i have hives all over my belly an legs too....crazy how every pregnancy is diffrent. guess i just wanted advice on ways to bring labor closer.

ocon08
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM

little swelling yes but i cant bend my ankels feet or toes.

pacificamom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Quoting Duquesne:

If there is no protein in your urine and your BP is normal, you have nothing to worry about. Ensure they check you for it regularly if you continue to have the visual auras. Swelling of the ankles is a normal part if pregnancy as is nausea.

CafeMom Tickers
bfairbanks
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM
I had preeclampsia with my first. Swelling in the feet and ankles is normal, but when the swelling moves to hands, face, and eyes it is something to be concerned with. High BP and protein in urine are the main giveaways, ask you dr what your protein level is just so it is brought to his attention. If the baby isn't moving a whole lot try drinking cold water. Try not to stress, ( I'm guilty of this) letting your mind think to much will only make things worse. Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Melissa on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I suffered from severe pre eclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Your symptoms don't sound like that's what's going on.  High BP and protine in the urine are the main characteristics of preeclampsia.  If you have neither then I probably wouldn't worry.

Usually the vision problems are caused by the high blood pressure, which actually is rare to even have symptoms of....so if you don't have high blood pressure maybe there is something else going on with your vision?

As far as the swelling, that's completely normal especially being so far along.  It's swelling in the face and hands that is a sign of preeclampsia.  Along with extreme swelling anywhere else that doesn't go away with rest.

If it get's worse I'd bring it back up to him but as long as they are keeping a check on your BP and urine and they say things are ok then they probably are.

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

ocon08
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:06 PM

went in last night contractions 3:30 apart for 2 hrs im in early stonge labor nurse said but sent home cause only 1.5 cm an 50% effaced any tips to help bring on labor?

sparklebug86
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I get the sparks, headaches, swollen everything, its pretty common. Vomitting towards the end is as well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)