Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Organic Cage Free Eggs - Safe?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM
  • 5 Replies

As long as I'm cooking the eggs is it safe to eat organic cafe free eggs while pregnant?  I'm early in my first trimester and after a mc last month I'm trying to be really careful about what I eat.  I tried to google it, but didn't come up with anything definitive.  Thanks!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
newmommy7-2013
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:52 AM

i am a animal science student there is nuthing diffrent in the chickens tht lay the egg they are all the same its just how they r raised is how they get the eggs there really is no difference in the eggs so yes u can hve those

Lennox28
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Awesome thank you!  That's what we bought last week before I knew I was pregnant and I'm trying to get more protein, but didn't want to make any before I knew for sure.  : )

Quoting newmommy7-2013:

i am a animal science student there is nuthing diffrent in the chickens tht lay the egg they are all the same its just how they r raised is how they get the eggs there really is no difference in the eggs so yes u can hve those

newmommy7-2013
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM

no problem

mem82
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Just wash the outside of the egg very well be cracking it.

Lennox28
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll make sure to do that just to be safe.  : )  I've been washing all of my fruits and veggies with dishsoap before cutting into them too.  Paranoid is my name!  

Quoting mem82:

Just wash the outside of the egg very well be cracking it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)