Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 babies ..... now to our 3rd

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:41 PM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: hiding my pregnant self until our baby is actually born to avoid being stressed out from family members and friends.

Options:

yes. good idea

no. find another way

depends

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

4 year old son

1 year old daughter

now closing our family with our 3rd and last one.

so exited :) but me and my bf of 5 years decided to keep it A SECRET. we are not telling absolutly no one because our family is all about drama and i dont want to be stressed out. it does help that i live in another state then both of our families. do u think this is a good idea until my baby is born? to avoid being stressed out.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mynewlife2012
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Only you know your families best so I would do what you think is best for you and your family. Not sure how it will work when you at the end of your pregnancy and you see them but at that point it may be ok
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Quoting mynewlife2012:

Only you know your families best so I would do what you think is best for you and your family. Not sure how it will work when you at the end of your pregnancy and you see them but at that point it may be ok
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jstoddard98
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Don't you think hiding it will CREATE lots of drama when the baby is born?

Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Do what's best for you but, personally, I think hiding your entire pregnancy is a dumb (for lack of other words) thing to do. You're an adult. If you don't want to be involved in their drama then just stay out of it, esp being that you live in another state.  Hiding an entire pregnancy until the child is born is bound to just create more drama. 

sissy852
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:53 PM
this

Quoting Jstoddard98:

Don't you think hiding it will CREATE lots of drama when the baby is born?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newyorkmom92
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Quoting mynewlife2012:

newyorkmom92
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I like the 1st comment. only i know my family. And i know them well enough to know they can be jugemental and drive me loco. but this also includes friends as well. my bf friends are just pure iddiots and my friends are a lil more supportive. then society is another story. thank you for the opinions ! 

sparklebug86
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

trying to hide it is going to be more stressful than just telling them. Ive been married to my hubby for 5 years and my family is still judgemental about us having children.

I told my mom last friday and she said "well maybe since "bob" didnt get himself fixed, he will finally get the dog fixed." Seriously???

sparklebug86
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:59 PM

tell your family but not your friends

Quoting newyorkmom92:

I like the 1st comment. only i know my family. And i know them well enough to know they can be jugemental and drive me loco. but this also includes friends as well. my bf friends are just pure iddiots and my friends are a lil more supportive. then society is another story. thank you for the opinions ! 

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
newyorkmom92
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:43 PM

tell a stranger.. it will get to a friend... a friend will tell family and a family memeber will tell a stranger. Im from newyork .. telling someone that dont no english something.. it will get to your mom in one text message less then 10 sec .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured