Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stress tests?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:41 PM
  • 9 Replies
Anyone ever had one? If so how long do they last & what do they do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Devious103102
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I've had a non-stress test and on that they just hook you up to the monitors and see how baby's responding to everything. 

Babygirl46342
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Quoting Devious103102:

I've had a non-stress test and on that they just hook you up to the monitors and see how baby's responding to everything. 

I have had them and will start having them again weekly.. This is 100% correct. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Ok thanks! My blood pressure has been high & he wants to do them weekly @ 31 weeks and I had no idea what they were! Do they last a long time?

Quoting Babygirl46342:

Quoting Devious103102:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babygirl46342
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM

It depends. Some only last like 20-30 mins but if there are any questionable things going on they may last a long time. My longest I think was about an hour or two but they couldn't get a clear reading on thebabies (twins) heartbeats. Plus they saw that I was having early contractions so it all depends. Best of luck to you :-)

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

Ok thanks! My blood pressure has been high & he wants to do them weekly @ 31 weeks and I had no idea what they were! Do they last a long time?

Quoting Babygirl46342:

Quoting Devious103102:

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Oh ok that's not to bad then! Thank you very much :)!!

Quoting Babygirl46342:

It depends. Some only last like 20-30 mins but if there are any questionable things going on they may last a long time. My longest I think was about an hour or two but they couldn't get a clear reading on thebabies (twins) heartbeats. Plus they saw that I was having early contractions so it all depends. Best of luck to you :-)

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

Quoting Babygirl46342:

Quoting Devious103102:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duenov30
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Ya I had to have them twice weekly from 34 weeks and on bc I had gd they normally were under an hour! I just had to press a button everytime he moved so they could watch the heart rate! Sometimes they were quick if he'd move alot but sometimes he was lazy so they'd be a little longer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Hopefully he will be active during them then lol

Quoting Duenov30:

Ya I had to have them twice weekly from 34 weeks and on bc I had gd they normally were under an hour! I just had to press a button everytime he moved so they could watch the heart rate! Sometimes they were quick if he'd move alot but sometimes he was lazy so they'd be a little longer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duenov30
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM
They would tell me to eat something sweet or drink mt dew on my way in which I was supposed to seriously limit sweets and soda with the gd so I always thought that was funny! Lol

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

Quoting Duenov30:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my gosh lol. That is funny! Silly people

Quoting Duenov30:

They would tell me to eat something sweet or drink mt dew on my way in which I was supposed to seriously limit sweets and soda with the gd so I always thought that was funny! Lol

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

Quoting Duenov30:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)