Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What influenced your decision...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:11 PM
  • 31 Replies

to go natural, epidural, stay home, hospital delivery...etc? How do you feel about it now?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma2013
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Still pregnant, choosing almost all natural in hospital. Wanted to do a birth center and midwife, but my insurance doesn't cover it and that was just too much $$ out of pocket with chance of needing hospital anyways.

I'm 33w6d so, still haven't experienced it yet. but I'm excited to have this little man and just hoping everything goes as smoothly as possible to prevent any unneccessary interventions. :)

Next time, we will have the funds set aside for a midwife and birth center, I don't like OB's.

Larsbug
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

with DS1 I wanted an epidural, but it didn't take and I needed a c-section so I had to be put under. With DS2, I knew I was having a repeat, so I chose to go with spinal block when he was born and do not regret anything about his birth

doulala
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM
3 moms liked this

Health and safety ALL the way!!
    And then comfort and enjoyment..

So I had natural waterbirths, not in a hospital.

:-)

My experiences were great so I feel satisfied.

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

AmyL3469
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I had an epidural that was unsuccessful with my first daughter. With my 2nd, had an epidural, smoothe labor and delivery. With this one, I'm hoping I'll go fast enough to not need drugs, but I don't care how I did it now honestly. They're perfect and healthy. I wanted to try a water birth with my 2nd but couldn't because of testing positive for GBS.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
mynewlife2012
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM
I went all natural with my first in the hospital. My only regret is being strapped in the bed the whole time. This time I would like a midwife over OB but I need to make sure insurance covers it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RedheadMama18
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I'm going to be having a repeat c-section.  It's hard to find a place around here that does VBACs.  I'm ok with it.  At first I really was bummed and hoping my OB would do a VBAC but I'm better now.

connorsmama06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Ever birth and pregnancy have been different for me. With DS#1 I was induced. My baby quit growing from 36 weeks to 38 weeks and I developed pe. 9 hours start to finish and got an epi. 

Ds#2 I went into labor on my own. He got stuck. So my ob had to pull him out. He came out kicking and screaming.

dd#1 they stopped my labor 5 times. She came on her an at 38 weeks. That one was fast. 2 hours from start to finish. No epi

I chose my ob. I love him. He is very old fashioned. Does not do c sections unless nesisary. He takes his time with me and my dh. He loves the other kids coming into the appointments.  

We chose for me to stay home. We wanted the kids to have me all day. This took a lot of prayer for us.

We are happy about everything

MichaelsMom0711
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:49 PM
i chose the epidural with my son and will have it again in a heart beat with baby#2. it was the only thing that would calm my fears about labor and delivery and i have zero tolerance for pain so i seriously think i would have gone into shock if i went natural! i could barely function or breathe when we got to the hospital and i was only 3 cm and got the epidural at 4cm. the second i got it, it was instant relief and i was numb for 14 hours, i went to 10cm within the hour, pushed for 5 minutes and didnt really have much pain once it wore off either!
purvislets
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Hospital birth for me due to my own medical history, choosing not to get the epidural becuase it hasn't ever worked for me anyway, hoping to go with no pain medication but leaving my options for iv pain relief open.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

From the time I got preg with my first I wanted to go natural. It just felt right. Unfortunately I didn't get to with her (medical complications) and with my 2nd I begged for the eppi. I did go med free with dds 3&4 and will again.  I deff prefer the med free route.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)