Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you have any friends that "stole" your baby name?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM
  • 84 Replies

tsk tsk

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
preciouslullaby
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:43 PM

yes i had the name bailey elizabeth picked out even before i was pregnant and my friend whos daughter is now almost 10 months old is named bailey elizabeth

purvislets
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Nope. I always keep our possible names quiet until we decide for sure. Thankfully, no one has ever tried to take our names, but I would sure be mad if they did!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:49 PM

A name isn't yours to steal, but my SIL named her son Ramon knowing that was what we'd name a son if we ever had one (since it's DH's, their fathers and grandfathers name), just gave him a diff middle name.  When I got preg after that we said if it was a boy we'd give him the name anyway, then we lost our baby in Sept and gave it to him (Jr).

Larsbug
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:50 PM

did she know that's the name you wanted?

Quoting preciouslullaby:

yes i had the name bailey elizabeth picked out even before i was pregnant and my friend whos daughter is now almost 10 months old is named bailey elizabeth

Larsbug
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:51 PM

that's why I said "stole"  :0)

Quoting Devious103102:

A name isn't yours to steal, but my SIL named her son Ramon knowing that was what we'd name a son if we ever had one (since it's DH's, their fathers and grandfathers name), just gave him a diff middle name.  When I got preg after that we said if it was a boy we'd give him the name anyway, then we lost our baby in Sept and gave it to him (Jr).

preciouslullaby
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM

yes she did 

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting preciouslullaby:

Larsbug
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM

ugh! are you still friends? we "stole" a friends name but at the time they weren't even married nor did we know they wanted that name

Quoting preciouslullaby:

yes she did 

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting preciouslullaby:

preciouslullaby
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:02 PM

no we arent friends anymore but the taking of the name isnt the reason why we arent friends 

Quoting Larsbug:

ugh! are you still friends? we "stole" a friends name but at the time they weren't even married nor did we know they wanted that name

Quoting preciouslullaby:

yes she did 

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting preciouslullaby:

Maevelyn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:03 PM

no not friends by my exboyboyfriend did! and he didn't tell his gf where he got the name from. lo

Larsbug
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

that won't go over well when she does find out lol

Quoting Maevelyn:

no not friends by my exboyboyfriend did! and he didn't tell his gf where he got the name from. lo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)