• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I want to punch her in the face.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM
  • 16 Replies

I was in line at the grocery store and with my BD and I am pregnant as can be. And this girl who could not be more than 18 years old was our cashier. I was rubbing my eyes because I was tired and wanted to go home and sleep. She looked at me and instead of asking me how I was today she said "Hormone problems?" I did not think anything of it I was like "No just tired from running after 2 kids all day." Then she was like "Oh, that is a lot of kids." And I was like "well we both had one before we met" Then she was like "Previous marriage?" I thought to myself WhyTF is it any of your business? I got kind of rude and was like "No marriage is a holy union reserved for those to believe in God."Her face was priceless and I guess she had to be a religious person or something because she looked offended. The guy who was bagging the groceries was like "YES!" She must have been bothering him as well. I am agnostic and won't get married because I feel like it is something you do based on your religion and since IDK what to do about religion I just don't do anything conforming to it.  

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparklebug86
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM
4 moms liked this

Marriage is a common thing in everyday life so it was kinda rude to jump down her throat about it

HOWEVER her questions were nosey and out of place

Devious103102
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I think all the questions were rather nosy and rude. I also don't think Marriage has anything to do with religion (I'm wiccan and am married, just did it through JOP instead of church).

Megan11587
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I was married in a courthouse for legal  reasons. No religion in my marriage.

angelmj
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:49 PM

They aren't like under god or anything with JOP? I would not know about that honestly I always seen marriage as a religious thing. Or money thing depending on where your heart actually lays lol. 

Quoting Devious103102:

I think all the questions were rather nosy and rude. I also don't think Marriage has anything to do with religion (I'm wiccan and am married, just did it through JOP instead of church).

Devious103102
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:07 PM

You can ask them to not say that part or, say your own vows or do like I did, and just ignore it.  I love my husband dearly and when we got married it had nothing to do with money or religion, it was all about the fact that we loved each other dearly and wanted to be together forever and have this as part of our life. It's not something I'll ever regret =0)

Quoting angelmj:

They aren't like under god or anything with JOP? I would not know about that honestly I always seen marriage as a religious thing. Or money thing depending on where your heart actually lays lol. 

Quoting Devious103102:

angelmj
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:10 PM

AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE sorry that last part was too sweet. I have been to so many weddings and I have always been convinced that they were reserved for believers. I mean I know people who don't believe still get married I just didn't know that they did non-religious things though or left god out of it. 

Quoting Devious103102:

You can ask them to not say that part or, say your own vows or do like I did, and just ignore it.  I love my husband dearly and when we got married it had nothing to do with money or religion, it was all about the fact that we loved each other dearly and wanted to be together forever and have this as part of our life. It's not something I'll ever regret =0)

Quoting angelmj:

Quoting Devious103102:

Devious103102
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:16 PM

=0)  Never know till you look into it ;)  I was never baptised anyway, so getting married in a church would require me to do classes for a year and get baptised, not a road I'm willing to head down, lol.  

Quoting angelmj:

AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE sorry that last part was too sweet. I have been to so many weddings and I have always been convinced that they were reserved for believers. I mean I know people who don't believe still get married I just didn't know that they did non-religious things though or left god out of it. 

Quoting Devious103102:

Quoting angelmj:

Quoting Devious103102:

hiswife11
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM
My husband is agnostic also and we got married in a court house not a church. Yeah yeah I do agree that she was being nosy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:37 PM

we are Jehovahs Witness and married outside of the "church" at my moms house with a JOP, none of it is religious. Marriage is supposed to be about love, to tie a man and woman together (or whatever the case may be these days.) It does not have to be religious or financial. 

Quoting angelmj:

Quoting Devious103102:

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
lillucky8
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Oh my. The whole hormonal problems she started with would have set me off. Some ppl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)