Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can Braxton Hicks..

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:06 PM
  • 14 Replies

Can Braxton Hicks Cause you to thin/efface?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Over time, yes.. but it takes months and months of them to really do anything, if they make any changes at all.

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I think so, I can feel tings going on down there.

LoveMyTiny
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:18 PM

My regular OB had told me what I was having a few days ago were genuine contractions (I had to get a shot to stop them and that I was thinning but he never gave me a percentage just "you're thinning really bad, but I can't tell if you're dialating" then today a different OB (I'm doing rotations :/ ) told me they were just Braxton Hicks and that I got them because I need a humidifier at night (I got them early afternoon though) Hate it when DRs jump to conclusions

Quoting Pandapanda:

Over time, yes.. but it takes months and months of them to really do anything, if they make any changes at all.

Jamie0121
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Hmmm...I was wondering the same thing. Im glad you asked this question. I have a OB appointment tomorrow and will be finding out if anything has changed with my effacement/dialation. I will let you know what he says.

Ohhh and that sucks you had to see a different OB. I hated that at my old doctor that is why I switched to this one. Their are only 3 in his office that can deliver babies but I almost always see my doctor.

CafeMom Tickers
pacificamom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:49 PM

not sure--mine didn't

LoveMyTiny
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM

My old doctor didn't have me due rotations.. but I had my son 4 weeks early so maybe she just didn't get the chance XD. I don't like them though, as long as the doctor knows what they're doing and doesn't hurt my babies idc who delivers them, but I'd like to talk to MY doctor about my concerns and such.

Please do ask your OB, and good luck with your appointment! How've you been doing, have your contractions lightened up at all?

Quoting Jamie0121:

Hmmm...I was wondering the same thing. Im glad you asked this question. I have a OB appointment tomorrow and will be finding out if anything has changed with my effacement/dialation. I will let you know what he says.

Ohhh and that sucks you had to see a different OB. I hated that at my old doctor that is why I switched to this one. Their are only 3 in his office that can deliver babies but I almost always see my doctor.

Jamie0121
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Im doing pretty much the same. Thanks for asking. I still have contractions everyday, some days I have more then others. The other night I had one or two ever hour, I thought for sure I was going to end up going to the hospital but they never came any closer together. How are you doing?

CafeMom Tickers
sissy852
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:51 PM
i guess they do i have been having them for a while and i am 4 cm and 50% efased sp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2kids306
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Over time yes I have Braxten hicks contractions that turned into real ones that's had to be stopped

Quoting LoveMyTiny:

Can Braxton Hicks Cause you to thin/efface?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyTiny
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM

:( baby carrying should be a sport lol, I wonder if we'll keep getting them until we deliver? I've been getting them still too, some of them hurt a LOT worse then others, yesterday I had 3 strong ones that were 10 min apart.. I was waiting for a fourth but it didn't come for 30 min.

Quoting Jamie0121:

Im doing pretty much the same. Thanks for asking. I still have contractions everyday, some days I have more then others. The other night I had one or two ever hour, I thought for sure I was going to end up going to the hospital but they never came any closer together. How are you doing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)