Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Appointment today was a bit of a letdown

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM
  • 47 Replies
I will be 40 weeks on Thursday and no progress today at my appointment which should not of surprised me since my oldest and youngest all went over but with the mild contractions and vagina pain I thought there would be something.My Dr sent me for a fetal assessment as I am trying to VBA3C's.Baby is healthy and well which is fantastic but his head is down and to my left with his face facing my left side not my bum or my tummy.His heart and bum to my right then his legs in my ribs and his feet on my left.What position is that?Ive never heard of it and can't even find it online anywhere.I have been doing exercises for a month or so just incase he was in the wrong position as my children like to be posterior.

I have an appointment to see my Dr again on Monday and I am worried that the position baby is in will stop me from being able to give birth vaginally.He is in a C shape position.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM
idk bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orangeshirt
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM
2 moms liked this
He's head down. Why wouldn't you be able to deliver him vaginally? Truth be told, women can deliver breech babies (even footling) safely with the right support...it's just that most docs aren't willing to provide that support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Baby is head down and so there's nothing stopping you from delivering vaginally.

Also vaginal checks mean nothing as you can dilate and give birth within hours of having no progress, or you can stay 3-4 cent for days, even weeks without actually going into labor.

All a vaginal exam does is risk the introduction of bacteria. 

QuickMomma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM
I'm thinking because of the way his face is facing that being to my left side so his eyes are looking to my left so with him being in that position wouldn't it be hard to push him out that way?

Quoting orangeshirt:

He's head down. Why wouldn't you be able to deliver him vaginally? Truth be told, women can deliver breech babies (even footling) safely with the right support...it's just that most docs aren't willing to provide that support.
QuickMomma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Ugh I know I'm worked up pretty much for nothing but even though he is head down it has me concerned because of the way his face is facing to my left so his eyes are looking to my left side.Can a person even push a head out that way?I can't help but think that's maybe why I'm having mild contractions and vaginal pain but no progress.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Baby is head down and so there's nothing stopping you from delivering vaginally.

Also vaginal checks mean nothing as you can dilate and give birth within hours of having no progress, or you can stay 3-4 cent for days, even weeks without actually going into labor.

All a vaginal exam does is risk the introduction of bacteria. 

marynash88
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this

The baby is actually in the perfect position.... your pelvis is shaped more like an oval... they start the descend down the birth canal at a slightly sideways position, then once they bypass your pelvis, they rotate either to the standard birth position or sunny side up.

Quoting QuickMomma:

I'm thinking because of the way his face is facing that being to my left side so his eyes are looking to my left so with him being in that position wouldn't it be hard to push him out that way?

Quoting orangeshirt:

QuickMomma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM
True but he's side ways instead of his lower body being in my ribs so his bum and heart are on my right side with his legs across my tummy but in my ribs then his feet on my left side.Isnt that an awkward position for him to come out in?So instead of being up and down he's more U shaped or question mark shaped if that makes sense.lol

Quoting marynash88:

The baby is actually in the perfect position.... your pelvis is shaped more like an oval... they start the descend down the birth canal at a slightly sideways position, then once they bypass your pelvis, they rotate either to the standard birth position or sunny side up.

Quoting QuickMomma:

Quoting orangeshirt:

Duquesne
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM
You want bum and body on your left side ideally:) cat cows are a great exercise....as are exercises on spinningbabies.com. Baby turns as he descends through the birth canal. However, that's not going to stop you from delivering vaginally. At all.
JadeTigr7
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM
No, baby will move in labor and get into position while in labor. All of my kids started out facing left or right to begin with and then, with the exception of my 2nd went to back facing when I went into labor. My 2nd came out sunny side up.
QuickMomma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Thanks those are what I have been doing for a month if not longer.I just hope he moves into correct position instead of being U or more so C shaped.

Quoting Duquesne:

You want bum and body on your left side ideally:) cat cows are a great exercise....as are exercises on spinningbabies.com. Baby turns as he descends through the birth canal. However, that's not going to stop you from delivering vaginally. At all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)