Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy pillow

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:06 AM
  • 22 Replies
Do they really help you sleep better? I'm only 4 weeks but already having trouble sleeping. This is my third pregnancy but I've always been too cheap to buy one but I've been keeping my hubby up too. Should I get one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PresleyLove
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:14 AM
They help with hip pain.. But if you're tossing and turning they will only get in the way. Use a regular pillow for now and see if that help before you spend the money.
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:53 AM
i used a body pillow and loved it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:08 AM
I have chronic back pain so I bought one before I got pregnant and now I'm not sure how I'd ever sleep without it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I have a body pillow and I LOVE it. I dont use it when I'm not that far along, bc it takes up a lot of room in our bed. But now that I'm showing, it helps a lot.

RhondaVeggie
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I just use a king size pillow. It's big enough but it's not in the way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM

That's what I use.  It also turns with me easily when I want to flip over. 

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

I just use a king size pillow. It's big enough but it's not in the way.

jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I'm on baby four, and never bothered to buy one because I'm a total tightwad when it comes to spending money on me. Well, my DH got me the Boppy pregnancy pillow this go-round, and it has been AMAZING. I have no idea how I made it through my other pregnancies without it. My back pain hasn't been nearly as bad this time as it has before. The only complaint I have is that the pillow is "breaking down" here in the last month. Thankfully this is our last child, so i wont need to use it again. It was super firm at first, but now it's kinda floppy....

Always1222
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I have a body pillow, that dh bought for $20. It is perfect as it's like a 2 1/2 fluffy pillows sewn together, I sleep with one part in front of me and the other half between my knees and I have been sleeping so much better. Amazon.com has some reasonably priced ones between $20-30. 

mem82
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I used a body pillow and it helped.

Jstoddard98
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I had a boppy pregnancy pillow - I hated it. i just use standard body pillows and they work great - no need to shell out the extra money imo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured