Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone else ever been sad there hold pregnancy?

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM
  • 14 Replies
?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amycapl
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM

i was not sad during my pregnancy and i'm sorry that you seem to be :(  bump <3

HisB0107
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I was super excited at the very beginning. Then was told it was a threatened miscarriage so I was sad. Then it was "ok". But struggled with the fear... that made me sad. Then come the second trimester I became very sad all the time... DH and I were struggling and hormones weren't helping. Third trmiester came around, i found out my husband had an affair and obviously became very sad...and a lot of other things. I had my son about 3 1/2 weeks ago and feel much better. I've been going to counselling to that helps too. 

So though it's common to feel sad, it's not common to ALWAYS feel sad, and if you do... do you have any reasons why you would be so sad, like I did? ((hugs))

sparklebug86
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM

i was sad in the beginning, alot of it is hormones

Is this your first?

CassaNova
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Get help Shemekia. Please
SHEMEKIA
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:50 PM
This is my 2nd pregnancy an i be worried bout the pains i have an everythang the doctor always say its normal :-( but i still worry. with my first pregnancy last year i never had pains an i always was happy an very active. but with this one i stay sad an worried bout my pains an i stay worried bout everythang. i talk to every body i can bout it but seem like nothing will help i told my mom an my to oldest sisters they wont know how it feel to be young an have 1baby an another on the way because my mom was 27 when she first had kids an my 2 older sisters is 21 an 23 an they dont have any kids an im 19:-(

Quoting HisB0107:

I was super excited at the very beginning. Then was told it was a threatened miscarriage so I was sad. Then it was "ok". But struggled with the fear... that made me sad. Then come the second trimester I became very sad all the time... DH and I were struggling and hormones weren't helping. Third trmiester came around, i found out my husband had an affair and obviously became very sad...and a lot of other things. I had my son about 3 1/2 weeks ago and feel much better. I've been going to counselling to that helps too. 

So though it's common to feel sad, it's not common to ALWAYS feel sad, and if you do... do you have any reasons why you would be so sad, like I did? ((hugs))

lulu_tattoos
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM
It sounds to me like your Dr is taking you very seriously. The next time you see him/her, firmly state that you are having major depression and anxiety issues that you cannot deal with throughout the pregnancy and that you need resources to cope with those feelings and get you through until you can either be safely medicated or until they go away on their own after pregnancy (hopefully)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SHEMEKIA
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:01 PM
they gave me some prozac but i dont take them or my prenatal or folic acid

Quoting lulu_tattoos:

It sounds to me like your Dr is taking you very seriously. The next time you see him/her, firmly state that you are having major depression and anxiety issues that you cannot deal with throughout the pregnancy and that you need resources to cope with those feelings and get you through until you can either be safely medicated or until they go away on their own after pregnancy (hopefully)

HisB0107
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Could just be anxiety. Hormones effect you differently for every pregnancy. Just like every baby is different, so isn't every pregnancy, even by the same mother. This was my second as well. I definitely noticed a difference in my emotions between my first and second pregnancies. I say, as long as you're doing alright, try not to worry. Worrying just makes you worry even more because eventually you start feeling "symptoms" that aren't really there and stress yourself over nothing. ((big hugs)) hang in there Momma. Regardless of age, you're still entitled to your feelings. They're normal :)

Quoting SHEMEKIA:

This is my 2nd pregnancy an i be worried bout the pains i have an everythang the doctor always say its normal :-( but i still worry. with my first pregnancy last year i never had pains an i always was happy an very active. but with this one i stay sad an worried bout my pains an i stay worried bout everythang. i talk to every body i can bout it but seem like nothing will help i told my mom an my to oldest sisters they wont know how it feel to be young an have 1baby an another on the way because my mom was 27 when she first had kids an my 2 older sisters is 21 an 23 an they dont have any kids an im 19:-(

Quoting HisB0107:

HisB0107
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM

not taking your prenatal can be a huge difference. You should try taking it more. It can make you feel happier believe it or not... because your body needs it to help keep it healthy and strong. When your body is starting to lack nutrion, and you're pregnant, it tends to start taking away other things and it's harder to keep up. So you're bound to start feeling sad or any other emotion strongly.

Quoting SHEMEKIA:

they gave me some prozac but i dont take them or my prenatal or folic acid

Quoting lulu_tattoos:

hthrlcl
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM
its nice to see you open up about it....this site can at least give you someone to talk to, but you have to talk back. Most the time you get "talk to your dr" but i think thats because you just ask a question and then nothing, you have to give information What you replied back helped. I worried about everything with my second pregnancy. Not so much the pain, but everything else. It helps to talk, but you have to talk back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN