Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Not feeling my baby move very often at 26 weeks.

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am 26 almost 27 weeks and most people I know are saying their babies move like crazy. I am worried about it but feel like an idiot when I ask questions at the doctors office. It's not that my doctor is mean or anything but I just feel dumb or underinformed for a first time mom. Should I be worried? Should I ask my doctor about it?

by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
heatherd8722
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM

is this your first pregnancy? it took me awhile to feel my dd move but now im 21 weeks with my second and i feel him move like crazy! id check with your dr just to be sure everything is alright

butterflyk1ssez
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I don't feel this one move a lot but I didn't feel DS1 A LOT until about 31 weeks when he was bigger and well..very strong. I don't think first time moms feel a lot until they're further along liek when their spouse can visibly see or physically feel the baby move or yourself when you lay your hand on your belly.

You're paying the doctors to answer your questions and DAMNIT CALL THEM AND ASK THEM!

Pregnancy Ticker

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Don't be afraid to ask you doctor. That's how you learn and quite frankly it helps your doctor catch if something is wrong.

With my second he rarely moved, complete opposite from my first who moved almost not stop until the end when he'd scare me sometimes but I'd get the 10 kicks in 2 hours. The only time I really felt him is when he'd sit on my sciatic nerve and when he dropped because of the pressure. Talk to your doctor and see what they say. Better safe than sorry.

firsttimer696
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Thank you all for your wisdom and advice. Yes this is our very first child, and I am a worry wart for sure. I will call my doctors office first thing in the morning. Thank you all again

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)