Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Excited and Scared

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hi ladies! My DH and I have been married for 5 years and getting pregnant with #1 just wasn't happening. This month I was sure I wasn't pregnant. I took a test and it came back negative about a week ago. I have weird cycles so I never really know where I am in my cycle. For the last week I've been cramping like I'm about to start my period and the last couple days there has been a little bit of brownish blood, but not like a regular period. I took two pregnancy tests today and they are both positive! I can't believe this is really finally happening and I'm so so scared that something will go wrong. Is the cramping and bleeding normal? I went to my doctor and they did a blood test. I will get those results in the morning and will go back again on Friday to see if the HCG levels are going up. I'm just so nervous and I also feel like I have no idea what I should or shouldn't do. Any advice would be great. 

Thanks.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
heatherd09
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Yes cramping and spotting is normal. I thought I was starting my period before I knew I was pregnant because they cramps were so bad. Brown blood is old blood, so that's good. Relax a little and enjoy! Congrats!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy9494
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I know the feeling, Its exactly how I felt when I found out I was pregnant...SOOO many emotions and thoughts running through my head on what I needed to do and what I shouldn't do and so forth I started with of course the doctors office and sono and went from there, Your OB will tell you anything you want to know (DONT EVER BE AFRAID TO CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR ASK QUESTIONS)  you can NEVER be too cautious in a pregnancy...Also I started reading TONS of baby things about what I could and couldnt eat and exercise and I also got the book ( what to expect when you are expecting) AMAZING book! really should have it, it will help you through each week, month and symptom you will ever go through. You can never had enough information and if you dont know something or something seems "off" or "not right" just ask your doctor (: GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS!!

Virgo.Mama
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:44 AM
That how I know I'm pregnant is I feel like my period is gonna start and it never does! Good luck and congrats mama!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JamieMN
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Thanks for the responses ladies. I just got the test results for the blood test from yesterday back and my HCG levels are 301. The nurse said that is low so it probably means I'm just barely pregnant. I go back tomorrow to have it drawn again and hopefully the levels go up. 

I want to be excited but I'm just so so scared.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)