Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sixteen, scared, and could use some help.

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:37 AM
  • 42 Replies
Hey there! I'm sixteen, almost seventeen, and am kind of scared.
I had unprotected sex (stupid, I know) about a week ago.
Since then, I've been having cramps, similar to menstrual cramps, but I'm not due for my period for another two or so weeks.
My breats have been tender and swollen, and I've just been burning up and slightly uncomfortable feeling. Like something just isn't normal.
Could I possibly be pregnant?
Maybe it's all in my head, but I'm scared and need advice.
Anything will help, please and thank you.
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prdmomnarmywife
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:42 AM
Take a test , no one here can answer that question for you . If neg get on birth control . I had my first at 17 , I love him to death but if I could have changed the age I had him I would .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
7teen
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:44 AM
Is it too soon to take a test?
MamaSusieQ045
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:46 AM
If it was just a week ago that you had sex I don't think you should be showing any symptoms yet... Wait until you miss your period and then take a test...
BethRae
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:08 AM
This.

Quoting MamaSusieQ045:

If it was just a week ago that you had sex I don't think you should be showing any symptoms yet... Wait until you miss your period and then take a test...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbornman21
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Your body also reacts if you think that you're pregnant and it could start showing symptoms that aren't there. However, yes. You could be pregnant if you had unprotected sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:11 AM
2 moms liked this
That sounds more like you ovulated to me and less like your a week pregnant.

Though in a few weeks I'd test and find out, but within a week of the actually sex it's a little less likely to be feeling like this because of actually pregnacy.
smurfy88
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:12 AM
1 mom liked this
After a week it's most likely in your head, yes anytime you have unprotected sex there's a chance of pregnancy, but not symptoms this soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virgochild79
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Like the other women have said, it is too early to show symptoms. It takes awhile for implantation and that whole bit. You're probably going through PMS or just psyching yourself out. USE PROTECTION!!! Don't play around with something you're not ready for my dear.

415studentmama
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Ok, first of all go to planned parenthood. You need to be checked out for sexually transmitted diseases. If this is the first time you have had sex unprotected then the friction could have created the sensations and things you are currently feeling inside. As far as the tenderness of breasts and what not, I understand while that has you afraid about maybe being pregnant but it is too early to tell whether or not you are. 

Planned Parenthood, and other orginizations maybe be able to help you.  Here is a website with listings on various teen helplines you can call.

http://www.safeteens.org/hotlines/

But I still say contact your local planned parenthood and just be honest and tell them what happened and what your worried about. I hope everything is okay, and if you need more help just let me know.

AmyL3469
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Take a test a day or so before your period is due. It should give you a reliable answer by then. I think you're just getting yourself worried. Everyone has their dumb moments though, don't feel so bad about it! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)