Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MOTHER IN LAW VENT - LONG.

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

OH MY GOOOOODDDDNNNNEEESSSSSSSSSSS! Let me tell you MY Mother-in-Law story:

Me and my boyfriend went over to his mother's for Thanksgiving. She complains that she has NOOOOO money, so she sends us to the store to pick up a few things for Thanksgiving dinner. Although we DID NOT want to go to Wal*Mart at 8:00 P.M. 2 days before Black Thursday & Friday to get groceries she couldn't "afford" we both suck it up and went. She calls us after we make it there & asks us to get her A PACK OF CIGARETTES. We sucked it up again & bought them for her because she has "no money" When we get to her house, my boyfriend hands her the pack of cigarettes and she said, "I TOLD HER TO GET ME 2 PACKS, NOT ONE. OH MAN..." and complains for about 10 minutes & never says thank you ONCE. Well, for Thanksgiving dinner she told us that we owed her 10 bucks for groceries to make it for us :( CRAZY RIGHT?! Well, then next day she says, "Oh nevermind. You guys can just give me 5 because Kate gave me 15." Later on Thanksgiving night when everyone was there, she kept arguing with me saying that I'm only 5 1/2 months pregnant and that the baby was only a little over 6 inches big. REALLY? I was 6 months pregnant exactly and the baby was already a little over a foot long - She kept arguing with ME about MY pregnancy and what MY doctor told ME!

UGH!

The same night she needs another pack of cigarettes, so she hands my boyfriend a 20 dollar bill - Hm, but I thought you didn't any money - She tells us, "Please bring me ALL of my changce back. Don't keep it. I need every penny back". At this point, after only spending 2 days there, I'm about to FREAK out.

Well, we leave the day after Thanksgiving and make it home :)

On December 12th, I had my Anatomy Scan and wanted her to try and make it down to go with me. She tells me that her car isn't working properly, so she can't. She expected us to drive 2 hours and pick her up, then drive her back home that same day after the Anatomy Scan!!!

A few days after that, I asked her if her friend Kate wanted to come to my baby shower on the 17th February for a few hours. She said, "No, she won't be able to. She's too busy." So I texted her back and said, "Well, me and Travis won't be able to come and get you. It's a lot of gas to drive all the way there and back. Plus, I'll be 8 months pregnant and I don't want to be stuck in a car for 4 hours." She got ALL BENT OUT OF SHAPE. I mean, my baby shower starts at 12 and ends at 4. That means I would have to leave my house by 6 am to drive 2 hours to get her and 2 hours back to get back by 11 and start setting up for everything, HELL NO!!

NOW TO THE PRESENT ISSUE I HAVE WITH HER:

Me and my boyfriend planned on going to her house for Christmas because all of his family on his mom's side was supposed to be there for a few days. Our plans were to leave the 21st and come back later on Christmas day. Well, my Beauty school doesn't let out until December 24th because I we have a lab day on the 22nd. I told her that after T found out and she kept COMPLAINING and telling my boyfriend "Please make it out a few days before Christmas" after I just told her when my Christmas breaks starts. Well, a few days ago my boyfriend's step-mom's mom passed away from cancer. I texted my boyfriend's mom to tell her that we can't come out until December 24th and we have to leave Christmas morning after presents. She texted me saying, "C'mon, seriously. What's going on?" I explained that Candi's mom had passed away and we all wanted to be there for her funeral & that my family was having Christmas on Christmas day, so I wanted to spend Christmas with my family as well. She kept complaining and complaining and complaining. 

Like 2 days ago, we get a call from my boyfriend's Uncle Chris telling us not to bring drugs with us because his daughter has been smoking pot and drinking and that his mom told him that we did that shit. so he was just telling us to keep it on the "down-low" It's like, are you serious? Why would you tell people that kind of shit about your son, especially if it's not true.

Again last night, my boyfriend's mom called his dad and was complaining to him that we can't stay longer for Christmas and that she pissed off about it and that no one is including her with the baby & she feels "left out" Gimme a break.

Sorry people. I just HAD to vent.

having a baby

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Snapdragon88
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Wow... she sounds delightful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM

OH WOW! Monster in law! LOL

Turtledoves
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Why do you keep in contact with her? She sounds like a load of trouble that will only get worse. I'd cut ties until she cleaned up, stopped lying and could be a responsible adult. It's people like this who cause problems with CPS and children down the line from lying about drugs and such.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TLQSlovesME
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I know! She's a psycho! She has her moments when she is very pleasant, but over the past few weeks she has been so unbearable. I'm sooooo close to just telling her that we are NOT coming for Christmas. The ONLY reason I'm going is because my boyfriend wants to see his family that are coming down from different states.

Quoting Turtledoves:

Why do you keep in contact with her? She sounds like a load of trouble that will only get worse. I'd cut ties until she cleaned up, stopped lying and could be a responsible adult. It's people like this who cause problems with CPS and children down the line from lying about drugs and such.

having a baby

Ninjascreenname
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Black hole her and join the my mother in law is a crapburger group on here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Oregongirl40
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

If she is normally very pleasant her recent behavior is probably due to the Holidays. A lot of people have a rough time this time of the year for one reason or another.

She sounds like the MIL from hell.  Hopefully after the Holidays she will snap out of her funk! If she doesn't your B/F is going to have to set up some strict boundaries because the taking advantage of you and guilt crap can't continue will put too much strain on your relationship. Hopefully your man can do that, many can't!

jamamama00
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Oh, man! She sound really gross:/ Can your boyfriend just go down and spend time w/ his family without you, while you do the funeral or whatever? Does he know his mom is a mess? Trust me, you want to straighten this stuff out early on, because it will only get worse in years to come.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)