Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure what to do :(

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM
  • 33 Replies

I'm sorry I keep posting, I'm sure some of you are starting get annoyed by me, but I just need advice and I don't know who else to go to. I may be leaking fluid, this is my first baby and I'm only 36 weeks. I think it's fluids, I'm not really sure, it's not a whole lot and it's warm and a little watery but there's a tiny bit of discharge too. I tried to call my doctors office but they're closed for the holidays...and I don't want to go to the ER just to be sent home(my hospital is an hour and a half away), should I wait it out to see if it gets heavier or do I go? I'm shaking I'm so scared :(

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyames2
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Do you have an urgent care around?? If  you believe  you are leaking fluid then you really should be checked out.

GL

sparklebug86
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:07 PM

yea I would do this because you are 36 weeks, when that water breaks you are going to be in trouble if you plan on delivering at a hospital because their policy is 24 hrs

Quoting mommyames2:

Do you have an urgent care around?? If  you believe  you are leaking fluid then you really should be checked out.

GL

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
doulala
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:10 PM

You might leak for 2 more months, it happens!
Not to worry.     The description also sounds like discharge, too
What are you doing to catch it, use a towel or maxi pad?
Any color or odor?

doulala
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Some places have that number, and others have 6  or 12 hours, some have 72 or no time limit at all.    It is arbitrary.    ;-)

(*We must be careful about getting checked out, make sure nothing goes inside.)

Quoting sparklebug86:

yea I would do this because you are 36 weeks, when that water breaks you are going to be in trouble if you plan on delivering at a hospital because their policy is 24 hrs

doulala
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:41 PM

oh it sounds like it may be possible this is from getting checked yesterday.
Sometimes women are stripped without their permission and even ruptured (or it happens later). 
     (Vaginal exams/interventions are risky & worth avoiding.)

You can work on your immune system and healing.

F1st_time
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM

It's clear and there's no odor at all

Quoting doulala:

You might leak for 2 more months, it happens!
Not to worry.     The description also sounds like discharge, too
What are you doing to catch it, use a towel or maxi pad?
Any color or odor?

F1st_time
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:49 PM

The urgent care in my town isn't qualified to deal with this kinda stuff

Quoting mommyames2:

GL

JustCallMeBritt
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:50 PM

call your dr. they will tell you exactly what to do. or call l&d at your local hospital an tell them what is going on. 

doulala
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM

If you are healthy & normal then there isn't really anything anyone can do (or should~).
   Leaking fluid happens...   You can work to seal it up/improve your immune system, work for health (avoid more interventions/risks), and monitor your temperature.    

Women should have access to their care provider if they have ANY thing they
want to chat about though, so you should feel like you can call to check in.

Quoting F1st_time:

It's clear and there's no odor at all

Quoting doulala:
F1st_time
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Doctors office is closed for the holidays and I've tried calling L&D 3 times and there was no answer!

Quoting JustCallMeBritt:

call your dr. they will tell you exactly what to do. or call l&d at your local hospital an tell them what is going on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)