Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

worrying

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:37 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: has you been worrying a lot about everything and looking up things online or asking friends if things are normal?

Options:

yes

no

only a little bit

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

i've been worrying a lot and i just wanted to take a poll and see how many other moms are the same way. my fiance also thinks that im obsessed with trying to find out things online. since this is my first child i dont know what is normal and what is not so i keep trying to find out what is and isnt normal. my mom isnt rlly there for me so i have no idea who to go to since i dont rlly have many friends. the only thing i could think of would be calling my dr but id end up calling everyday about something diff lol

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Larsbug
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I don't obsess over it but I like to be informed

tjane3000
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:45 PM
I was concerned about things with my first but I wasn't obsessive. Worrying too much can cause more harm. Your body is changing so much that everything you are going through is probably normal. If not your doctor will tell you otherwise. Just write any questions you have down and bring them up at your appt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:47 PM

It is very important to be informed--   and gathering this info can really help calm fears.
But it might be more useful to find some good books because online sites can be overwhelming.   
  Are you reading, taking classes, making a birth plan, etc?

If you don't know your options you don't have any.
Ignorance may be "bliss" but it's not safer.

GL!

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:45 PM

No, but this is my 3rd :)

mickey3912
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:48 PM

i will be taking a birth class and i was told that they will help me make a birth plan since im not sure how to make one and what my options are. and im trying not to obsess and worry too much but ive always worried about everything and it doesnt help that i have to find a new home within 3 months with no income plus get everything from my daughter. i also have to make sure that children and youth doesnt get involved in my life again bc they said when i left foster care that they will be looking for me once i have the baby, which they cant rlly legally do bc until the baby is born they dont know how i am go to be as a parent but ive been proving tothem for yrs that i will be fine so i dont understand y they are assuming im going to be a bad mother when they saw me raise my 3 brothers when i was younger even tho i was young. idk i guess im just scared and keep worrying about all the bad things that can happen :/ i dont have much support so that doesnt help...

Paty123
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Yes! And this is my 3rd! Ur not alone
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I've never been a worry wort. Unless it's been something "serious" I don't stress it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)