Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am not marrid

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM
  • 25 Replies

Poll

Question: the last name of your child

Options:

dads last name

moms last name

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 42

View Results

who last name did you give your child... im rely stuck on this one for my future baby.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsladyface
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM
2 moms liked this

it depends on the situation. if the Father is an active role in the child's life, the child should have his last name. If he is no where to be found and doesn't want anything to do with either of you, give it your last name.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

newyorkmom92
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

your absoluty right... hes there 100% since day UNO. 

Quoting mrsladyface:

it depends on the situation. if the Father is an active role in the child's life, the child should have his last name. If he is no where to be found and doesn't want anything to do with either of you, give it your last name.

mem82
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:41 PM

My first has her father's last name.

Paty123
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Dads last name! I mean that is unless he's not around. Plus do u plan on marrying him in the near future? If so u'll gave his last name to. My sister gave her son both his last name and hers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hplesha
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
My first has my name because it was the best thing to do at that time, and my youngest has his dad's name because we are getting married soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newyorkmom92
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:46 PM

yes we want to get marrid. yeh i heard people do that... i did that with my daughters last name because i couldnt decide :/

Quoting Paty123:

Dads last name! I mean that is unless he's not around. Plus do u plan on marrying him in the near future? If so u'll gave his last name to. My sister gave her son both his last name and hers.

Clei420
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids prior to marriage have both mine answer there dads last name.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:49 PM
With dd DH & I weren't married but I gave her his last night. We are married now so obviously this baby will have his last night to lol. I think the baby needs to be given the dads last name regardless if the mom is married to him. Unless of course the dad doesn't want any part in the baby's life or dont want to sign the birth certificate then obviously I would say give the baby the moms name
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamiiSecurity
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Me and my SO have been together a little over 4 years (we're 20) and our DS has his last name. And no sign of being married anytime soon(;
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newyorkmom92
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:54 PM

<3 <3 i like how she said "no sighn of being married anytime soon" .... 

Quoting SamiiSecurity:

Me and my SO have been together a little over 4 years (we're 20) and our DS has his last name. And no sign of being married anytime soon(;

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)