Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Long trip to TX

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

My husband and I and my son will be making a trip home to Tx to visit our family for Christmas...Were gonna be driving and of course I'm pregnant..I'm 19 weeks 4 days pregnant..My question is how do I manage to not make alot of trips of going to the restroom..were driving straight without stopping to rest..were only stopping to pour gas and of course to use the restroom but me being pregnant I have to go every hour..is there any way to prevent it of going so many times? Any suggestions will help..=)

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Don't drink so much but be careful of dehydration
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:55 PM

You should be getting up and walking every 2 hours, whether you want to or not, to prevent blood clots and cramps in your legs.

I have no idea how to prevent the urge to go, but I wish I could have figured something out. LOL

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM
I would just limit the fluids but you still should drink to keep hydrated. And wiggles the toes to keep blood flowing in the legs. Safe travels!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
juniors_momma
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I live in Montana and we drove to arizona with my first pregnancy. Let's just say it was every 2 hours. :-) lol.. there's no stopping on not stoping for the bathroom. It didn't matter if I drank less or not. It for sure double our drive but at least I wasn't crabby all the way down there.

lilbit04
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM
I know the feeling I did that 3 times durning my pregnancy it was suppose to be a 5 1/2 hour drive we made it there in 7....I miss living in TX the drive wouldn't take so long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)