Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Thinking about an abortion...

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:48 PM
  • 18 Replies

Is never something i wanted to do. And now i think its for a reason.

AN ABORTION WAS NEVER MENT TO HAPPEN.

Thinking very hard on what to do about my pregnancy is exhausting but it needs to be done.

I think i want to take this on and own up to my actions. Ive always wanted a happy family. Maybe not this early in life but hey, wasn't the world supposed to end today? What else might happen to prevent me from ever having a child again? I love the father of my child more than anything. He's my world and i know he loves me if he wants to keep our child and not run away with his tail between his legs.

I know this is going to be incredibly tough but worth it for the little hugs and kisses. So now im asking for advice from teen moms who kept their child and what they did to get started out. What actions did they choose for their child's life and for their own future. And what kind of difficult things they had to endure from having a child so young.

by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I am not a teen mom hun, but please keep your precious baby.  Or, you can always look into adoption.  There are adoptions which are open to where you can see your little one growing up and such..and you can choose the parents too.

YOU are strong.  This baby was sent to you for a reason.  And, there are resources to help you through the pregnancy (I know there are many pregnancy centers around..you can also call Catholic Charities...they are always helpful at least where I live).  And, you are so right, it is worth all the little hugs and kisses.

Wishing you all the best.  (hugs) to you!

Tiffnkids
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:31 PM

My family

The adorable boy in the picture is who i was pregnant with at 18.........
Hes been a joy to my life...you will never regret having your little boy or girl..but you
will regret ending their lives.....
If you dont want it you can give the gift of adoption...i.will.even adopt....
please just give life....and go to www.ehd.org
At 6 weeks the baby has tiny arms and legs..... they show real live video of the baby in the uterus...somehow they get the camera
in there at different stages of pregnancy.....check it out..its amazing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hopeandlove4
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I left you a private message, 04June because I was in a similar spot.

Praying for you.

Mommap87
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I am 25 now. I was a teen mom at 19 but abortion NEVER crossed my mind. I was a single pregnant teen mom and didnt have a college education and never gained independence. I had to learn quick how to manage and infant and work but even though it was hard at first, i got onto a routine and shes now 5.

Now that i am pregnant with my third i still havent completed college, or managed to keep a job long due to either health issues or being lazy. I am choosing adoption this time and its an open adoption. This baby is not my husbands (seperation earlier this yr) and i love him more than words can express. It took alot of strength to come up with this conclusion, and this time i did consider abortion because i was afraid of the unknown. I chose adoption because it may be wrong timing for me, but god chose me to carry this child for someone who couldnt. Its not right to kill a child when they were created for a purpose. Whether is be for your benefit or someone elses they have a reason for being alive. Dont rob them of the chance to become something great. They didnt ask to be born and not be wanted, they just happened.

There are so many great people out there who want a child more than life itself and just cannot concieve. Its not always explained but some people are willing to take care of a child and keep you a part of their lives forever. Think about your choices, but never kill a baby because of selfishness.

shackelford8610
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

This little boy is who I got pregnant with when I was 17... and I would NEVER change it for the world. I was a single mom as well for awhile and if I could do it... so can you!!! Please let me know if you need ANYTHING!

jack90
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:37 PM

well im 19 and have 2 children i was 16 when i first had my first baby i chose to keep him it was hard but we made it my bf stood by my side we got married and still together we just moved in our own place  this aug my other son is 6 months old im a senior in high school i go to distance learning charter school it is a free school online its the best school i ever been in i never been so happy the feeling of my baby boy saying i love you mommy it makes it all worth it i think you should keep it

southernbelletx
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I was a teen mom. I was tired all the time but I have a 4 yr degree, as well as my real estate lic. I worked my ass off, lost a lot of friends, and found true ones. It's tough but I'd you want it you can do it.
millermom7
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Every life is beautiful, mama, and you can do this! Praying diligently for you!
FelixFelicis
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I got pregnant at 15 and abortion never crossed my mind. I'm now 22 and pregnant with my 3rd and I wouldn't change a thing. I was a teen mom twice, though the second time I was married and it was very planned, and now I have a 6 year old daughter and 3 year old daughter. If you want the baby, you'll find a way. If not, there's always adoption if abortion is too much for you.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
NewMamaBoo
by Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck girl! I hope you decide to keep baby. I'm sure it's tough but worth it! Baby is a real gift

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN