Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What did you wear in labor?

Posted by   + Show Post

So, I keep hearing that there is a point in labor when you no longer care about modesty.  That will be wonderful, but until then...I'm a pretty modest person.  

I don't want to wear the hospital gown....it's just ew.  

I think we've settled on a t-shirt I have that is really stretchy to come down pretty far and cover my rear and such.  The doula also suggested laboring with yoga pants on for awhile.  

The shirt pulls down from my chest easily for the skin to skin/breastfeeding.  

What did you wear for labor? 

by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:28 PM
I'm very modest. But I labored naked.

I had more water than any nurse in the whole team had seen. They couldn't keep me from soaking my gowns so I got angry with them trying to constantly undress me and redress me so I just went naked! Felt a lot more comfortable then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Not a thing, I used a blanket to cover until baby came. I want skin to skin contact right away so clothes are out.

RMslady
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Tank top when dd was born hospital gown when ds was born.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abernathyvanna
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I wore hospital gowns... It's was just easier for the iv, cath and internal monitors. (I had troublesome labors) After birth though (c-sections), I would change into a pair of yoga pants or pajama pants and a t-shirt.

ColieO
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM
I ended up in pajama pants and a stretchy long sleeve shirt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shjchica
by Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I plan on wearing the hospital gown when I'm laboring/delivering and once she gets here putting my own PJ's on to be more comfortable.

JTnJT
by Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:55 PM

With my 1st the hospital wouldn't let you wear anything other than a hospital gown, so instead I wore a pair of soft socks.  With both 2 and 3 I wore one of DH's button up shirts.  He's 6ft 6, and I'm only 5ft...so his shirt was as long as the gown...plus I liked having his smell on me, when I unbottoned to pull babies up onto my chest...made me at least feel like it made a difference by them being able to smell daddy's smell... I don't know..

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Just a sports bra
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 10:50 PM

well, hospital gown for my births at the hospital and birthing center, just a night gown at my home birth.  I think you can buy "hospital" gowns online.  

doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Well I was out and about, around my neighborhood and restaurants, etc, so just normal clothing--
 and then my birthday suit!     pun intended.     ;-)  

wear whatever feels comfy!   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)