Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What did you wear in labor?

Posted by   + Show Post

So, I keep hearing that there is a point in labor when you no longer care about modesty.  That will be wonderful, but until then...I'm a pretty modest person.  

I don't want to wear the hospital gown....it's just ew.  

I think we've settled on a t-shirt I have that is really stretchy to come down pretty far and cover my rear and such.  The doula also suggested laboring with yoga pants on for awhile.  

The shirt pulls down from my chest easily for the skin to skin/breastfeeding.  

What did you wear for labor? 

by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
kayleesmom42328
by Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Hospital gown so I wouldn't ruin my things. As soon as I was able to shower I wore my own pajamas.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 11:02 PM
For my hospital births I wore their gowns. For my homebirth I wore my bathing suit bikini top.
kelly617
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I had a tank top, sports bra and yoga pants...until it was closer to time to push

Everyone kept telling me that I'd be walkin around naked cuz I'd be so hot and I wouldn't care
I dunno if I'm weird but at NO POINT did I want to go naked. Its true that I didn't care how many doctors or nurses were lookin down there....but I still didnt' want inlaws or my parents peekin down there at all

I was able to keep the tank, and bra on the whole time....nurses said it was just fine

Ilaynasmommy
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Quoting av0531:

I wore the hospital gown. Didn't want my things getting nasty. Then after I was able to shower I changed into my own things.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pacificamom
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM

gown

Stephanie3804
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I wore the hospital gown both times.

QueenB0513
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't know I could wear my own clothes. I wore the hospital gown, boobs and butt flapping in the breeze. Dammit! Lol
mommyof2kids306
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 2:53 AM
Hospital gowns and they were pretty comfy and ill do the same with baby 3 I'm not getting my stuff nasty. I was able to take a shower and change so ill be doing that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
07lilmama1108
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Me as well! At that point in my labor, i would've been naked! The moment they gave me the ok to leave my pants off i felt way better!! Otherwise i wore extra large sweats that i had to hold to keep up and a sweatshirt with both labors before the hospital/birthing suite. I gotta say, once half the hospital staff is in your room checking you and conversating while you're focused on breathing through contractions, it doesn't matter what you've got on, they're still seeing the most sacred part! Lol

Quoting Cullen.Girlie.:

I wore the hospital gown. LOL! I didnt really care. LOL and I will wear it again this time!!

TTC2Long
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:14 AM
I wore a maternity cami that I practically lived in, it was so comfy. I'm petite and I knew the gown would swallow me and get in the way. I also wore a comfy cotton skirt from old navy while I labored at home and to the hospital. Once at the hospital, I kept my tank, took off the skirt and wrapped blankets around my midsection. All I cared about was keeping my midsection warm, but it also served to cover my private bits and provide easy access for the nurses. When ds came, the tank was perfect because my chest was already bare and I just had to drop a strap to nurse. I'll probably wear the exact same thing this time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)