Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What did you wear in labor?

Posted by   + Show Post

So, I keep hearing that there is a point in labor when you no longer care about modesty.  That will be wonderful, but until then...I'm a pretty modest person.  

I don't want to wear the hospital gown....it's just ew.  

I think we've settled on a t-shirt I have that is really stretchy to come down pretty far and cover my rear and such.  The doula also suggested laboring with yoga pants on for awhile.  

The shirt pulls down from my chest easily for the skin to skin/breastfeeding.  

What did you wear for labor? 

by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Replies (41-50):
ShesALady
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 10:52 AM
I bought my own nightgown so I could pull it up easily, but my butt wasn't showing when I walked and I wore a sports bra. Easy to pull down when it's time to nurse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mmccrea
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Hospital gown.  Any sense of privacy/modesty I had was lost because I had my baby in a hospital and they came in to check all my stuff like every 30 mins or so.  

xtina8817
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:19 PM
I just wore the gown. I was induced so I couldn't get up anyway. Haha...
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:22 PM

They still let you get up if you are induced at my hospital.  Now, I'm a VBAC so I have to have the monitors, but one midwife is fine with me pulling the cart around as much as I can :) 

Quoting xtina8817:

I just wore the gown. I was induced so I couldn't get up anyway. Haha...

xtina8817
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Quoting anxiousschk:

my monitor was gigantic. It might've also been because I was having contractions before I got to the hospital (I couldn't feel them) idk. They told me my choices were peebin a bed pan or get a cath...so I went with the cath. I can't even pee in front of my SO let alone like 12 Drs and nurses hahaha
Onesecsmile
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:28 PM
I sucked it up an wore the "ugly" hospital gown . I did not want to dirty up my clothes plus do you really need to dress up to have a baby? No...
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I'm not sure anyone has said anything about dressing up.   I have heard many talk about feeling truly comfortable.  

A hospital gown that countless others before me have worn to do God knows what isn't my idea of "comfortable."   

With my first DD I wouldn't have worn it at all if I could have had a choice but with the C-section, I didn't feel I had the option.  This time I do and won't wear it.  

Quoting Onesecsmile:

I sucked it up an wore the "ugly" hospital gown . I did not want to dirty up my clothes plus do you really need to dress up to have a baby? No...

Tiffnkids
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Ive always wore the hosputal gown and then after its all over i shower and then put on some comfy pjs ....thats sort of my "gift" after bc hubby buys me a new set from motherhood maternity usually.... i think this time im going to sew my own gowns.... with a matching one for baby
jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:38 PM

IDK what type of labor you're going for, but IF you end up getting the IV or any sort of monitoring, just listen to the nurse and put the damn gown on. I refused last time....pain or no pain I was determined to maintain my dignity! Well, my freaking nursing bra somehow got caught up on the IV wires and I ended up having to cut the bra off, then I couldn't get it out of my t-shirt. I'm not sure if the way I'm describing this is making any sense...but I learned the hard way that there's a reason they put you in those stupid gowns LOL!!!

jazzy411
by Jazmyne Lee on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:39 PM
I birthed nude.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)