Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Full moon my Arse!!

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:24 AM
  • 19 Replies

Sorry but that full moon crap is a myth. I wish it wasnt lol ive had two preterm labor scares already and here i am with a full moon lastnight and im still prego and no signs of labor. The only thing I had last night was just 2 hours of sleep and now im wide awake cleaning, Not moon related!

Just thought id share. It may be true for some, but its BS for most of my Jan 2013 group lol

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmaZate
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:26 AM
It should be soon! How far are you exactly? And the up all night cleaning sounds like it might be one of those end of the road nesting sprees. I had one two days before labor with my first! GL mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommap87
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Im finally 36 weeks so my doc said if it happens she will let it. I had steroid shots already and if i have a 3rd labor scare they just want him out instead of going back and forth.

I wasnt up all night cleaning, i just tossed and turned and couldnt sleep and for just 2 hours of sleep lastnight, Im energized and doing laundry lol. I also had the runs all night TMI but im hoping soon this will all be over with. Im tired of being in and out of the hospital.

Quoting EmmaZate:

It should be soon! How far are you exactly? And the up all night cleaning sounds like it might be one of those end of the road nesting sprees. I had one two days before labor with my first! GL mama!

EmmaZate
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Oh honey I understand! Being sick and in and out of the hospital sucks so bad! I'm only 15 weeks and I'm already tired of going there! Lol. I have been laid up in the er a dozen or more times and admitted twice during this pregnancy alone. I'm not looking forward to more. I know as I get farther this will get worse.

Quoting Mommap87:

Im finally 36 weeks so my doc said if it happens she will let it. I had steroid shots already and if i have a 3rd labor scare they just want him out instead of going back and forth.

I wasnt up all night cleaning, i just tossed and turned and couldnt sleep and for just 2 hours of sleep lastnight, Im energized and doing laundry lol. I also had the runs all night TMI but im hoping soon this will all be over with. Im tired of being in and out of the hospital.

Quoting EmmaZate:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this
.well your almost there....
I had bad insomnia when i was prego. Id be awake every night at 3am and couldnt go back to sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Awww hang in there mama!!

I agree--it never worked for me either! 

DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Not much longer!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:17 AM

You're almost there. If the last 4 weeks are uneventful, then it won't be that bad. Running back and forth to the hospital would get rough.

JadeTigr7
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Honestly I would think you'd be happy it didn't since 36 weeks is still considered preemie.  

The full moon never had any effect on my births. 

Mommap87
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:51 AM

im happy hes still cooking but ive had so many trips to L&D that i just want it to be over with. Its very hard trying to plan for my other kids to be watched with all the labor scares. =/

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Honestly I would think you'd be happy it didn't since 36 weeks is still considered preemie.  

The full moon never had any effect on my births. 

Jess21608
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I was born on a full moon like exactly my hubby was born 3 days after a full moon..but I concieved during the new moon with this baby so Im thinking it wont be a full moon kid either. Im almost 34 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN