Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Morning sickness, how do you cope?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM
  • 32 Replies

OK so, I have morning, noon and night sickness EVERYDAY! Some days aren't as bad but, it's still here everyday. I don't throw up because I always hold back from doing that but I stay soooooooooo nauseous from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed! I believe I had sickness with my 1st child but my 2nd was a breeze, no sickness, nothing, but this time around OMG!!! What do you do to ease the sickness? I've tried ginger tea, that seems to help but there's only so much tea I can stomach!

BabyFetus Ticker

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2enr
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I had night sickness, I use to eat a lot of cold/frozen things, Mind you I was pregnant in the winter time but that was the only thing that seemed to help and I could keep down.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
av0531
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I've had morning sickness from week 4 now 13 weeks and still sick. I have no tricks. I'm now on zofran and promethazine to stop the vomiting and nausea but it only helps me want to eat. Hope you feel better soon.
virgochild79
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Oh goodness, same to you! This part sucks!

Quoting av0531:

I've had morning sickness from week 4 now 13 weeks and still sick. I have no tricks. I'm now on zofran and promethazine to stop the vomiting and nausea but it only helps me want to eat. Hope you feel better soon.

BabyFetus Ticker

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

mints

taurusmom88
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Only thing that helped me was time. I was sick from about 5 wks to about 16 wks. I had to be put on fluids at the et for dehydration and meds because I was puking up blood from the damage the acid did. But the meds knocked me out and I have a kid to take care of so I rarely took them. I lost 16 pounds, but once It went away I felt great. Sometimes there just isn't anything you can do. Although. Frozen foods did ease my tummy a bit.
MaturingMommy
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Quoting taurusmom88:

Only thing that helped me was time. I was sick from about 5 wks to about 16 wks. I had to be put on fluids at the et for dehydration and meds because I was puking up blood from the damage the acid did. But the meds knocked me out and I have a kid to take care of so I rarely took them. I lost 16 pounds, but once It went away I felt great. Sometimes there just isn't anything you can do. Although. Frozen foods did ease my tummy a bit.

I had this same problem. It was awful. Only I am 15 weeks 3 days right now, still sick but at least trying to eat. I quit eating weeks 4- 15 I just started nibbling again. Only lost 6-8 lbs so far. Did you ever show your pregnancy? I am not showing at all, not even bloat. And its driving me crazy.
NyiaBaby216
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:42 AM

My 1st pregnancy was the worst with morning sicknes >.< Nothing helped, and I actually threw up for 39 weeks, straight up until I went into labor. It sucked...I threw up water...so Im no help here. Good luck!!!!

SkylarBeth
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:15 PM

All I did was eat foods that tasted the same comming up as they do going down....Plain Yogurt with honey and Cottage cheese, and eating constantly I even set an alarm so that I would eat a serving of one of those foods every 2 hrs. I still threw up but it made it so much more managable and I wasn't constantly nausious. Be Strong.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a gingersnap recipe that works wonders. :)

Heather2001
by Heather on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Eat more protein and get some Sea Bands.  Chew minty gum also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN