Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pain in the freakin Vagina

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:56 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm 32 weeks as of yesterday. about 3 days ago now I started experiencing pain around the opening. It's not severe its just super sore and especially noticeable when I stand on one leg or go upstairs or something like that. It's not round ligament pain because I always feel that up near my cervix. this is straight up vaginal pain and it totally blows. It feels like it's either the muscles or there might be swelling. I have not been having sex or doing anything of the sort. it just started at random one day and it sucks. Does anyone else have this or know what it is or how to stop it?

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cravespopcorn
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I know the pain you are talking about.  There's not a lot that can be done for it other than not doing any lunge or spreading motion.  I had it kick in about 32 weeks and now it just comes and goes.  I'm 36+3 now.  Does it feel like you've been punched down there?

halinichols
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:06 PM

it's RLP, the ligaments connected from the tummy to the vagina and even go all the way down to the upper thigh. totally normal. i started having deep dull aches in my vagina since 4 months preg and carried to 39w6d after tons of PTL scares. it would hurt to even roll over in bed or get in/out of a car. i feel for you! it's normal!

rfhsure
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:43 AM

pretty much. it also feels like it might be swollen but its hard to say. it's not the vagina so much as the labia. its not the lips and theres no burning or anything like that when I pee so I really don't see it as an infection. And my ligament pain is deep inside the vagina, this isnt like that. this is like right at the opening and feels like its my muscles. but the swelling feelings makes it confusing because i cant tell if its the muscles or if its swollen. Lol what the hell? it's absolutely crazy.

Quoting cravespopcorn:

I know the pain you are talking about.  There's not a lot that can be done for it other than not doing any lunge or spreading motion.  I had it kick in about 32 weeks and now it just comes and goes.  I'm 36+3 now.  Does it feel like you've been punched down there?

rfhsure
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:44 AM

it's not rlp, I've had that before but it's really deep in the vagina. this is like, at the opening and it feels like the labia are swollen kind of, but to be honest i cant tell. it's been hurting almost consetuively the last few days but seems to be going away now. i cant tell if its the muscles or the labia. but its super awkward.

Quoting halinichols:

it's RLP, the ligaments connected from the tummy to the vagina and even go all the way down to the upper thigh. totally normal. i started having deep dull aches in my vagina since 4 months preg and carried to 39w6d after tons of PTL scares. it would hurt to even roll over in bed or get in/out of a car. i feel for you! it's normal!

pacificamom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:48 AM

pelvic pain and swollen who-ha lips is my guess. Normal but miserable

halinichols
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:55 AM

dude.... it's RLP. my doc who has been in practice for 30 years said RLP, no matter how many diff times in diff ways i explained it. i had the pain for 5 months, i brought it up at every appt. your doc must be new because it's RLP and you should look into a belly belt.

like i said i feel for you.

Quoting rfhsure:

it's not rlp, I've had that before but it's really deep in the vagina. this is like, at the opening and it feels like the labia are swollen kind of, but to be honest i cant tell. it's been hurting almost consetuively the last few days but seems to be going away now. i cant tell if its the muscles or the labia. but its super awkward.

Quoting halinichols:

cravespopcorn
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Awesome...just got up for my first pee of the night and this pain has returned... maybe I shouldn't have talked about it...I think the worst is trying to roll over in bed

Quoting rfhsure:

pretty much. it also feels like it might be swollen but its hard to say. it's not the vagina so much as the labia. its not the lips and theres no burning or anything like that when I pee so I really don't see it as an infection. And my ligament pain is deep inside the vagina, this isnt like that. this is like right at the opening and feels like its my muscles. but the swelling feelings makes it confusing because i cant tell if its the muscles or if its swollen. Lol what the hell? it's absolutely crazy.

Quoting cravespopcorn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)