Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Can't wait to find out the sex of the baby.

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM
  • 13 Replies

So when I first found out I was pregnant I counld'nt believe it. I was talking to my sister and told her about my symptoms she thinks it was a girl but even before she told me sometihing told me I was going to have a girl. but now something is telling me its going to be a boy. So now I can't wait to find out. Hopefully I can find out at 16 weeks and 3 days.

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Fun to find out who is right.

We only found out with 3 of my 8. I like surprises. ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cravespopcorn
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:35 PM

You realize your post is "can wait" and not "can't wait?"  I found out I was having a boy at 13 weeks, but that's because I was in the hospital ... I had no clue that I was going to have a boy...always thought I'd have a girl

piercedNproud
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:41 AM

How far along are you?

kellz2256
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I found out the sex of my baby at 18 weeks exact. I'm gonna be honest everyone told me that because I have not had one symptom other than sleeping that I was having a boy. The only other issue that I have is smells if someone stinks or cooking bad smelling food or something of that sort I vomit and can't stop until I leave. So if I never smell anything bad I never vomit. I had one day of morning sickness and that was at 9 weeks honestly only 1 day. I was told to do a baking soda gender test. That came out to be a boy so I was so overwhelmed with the thought of having a boy. Everything was wrong wrong wrong. My daughters legs was spread wide open during the ultrasound proving that she was a girl. There is no doubt about it at all. So every wise tell about how you carry and how sick you get and all that nonsense is untrue. I was happy with either or I just want a healthy baby. My advise is just wait and see and then be happy about it.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:26 AM

16 weeks is still pretty early, so don't count it as 100%.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Lol, I dont mean to laugh.. but even if it had been a girl, you would have likely been told boy. At 13 weeks gestation, boy and girl genetalia is identical!

Quoting cravespopcorn:

You realize your post is "can wait" and not "can't wait?"  I found out I was having a boy at 13 weeks, but that's because I was in the hospital ... I had no clue that I was going to have a boy...always thought I'd have a girl

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
sissykay78
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:53 AM
1 mom liked this
My MFM who is also head of the OBGYN unit in a major hospital told me at 12 weeks and 4 days. He said a expirenced doctor can go from looking from the side and using the nub theory is pretty accurate. He said girl and 5 ultrasounds later at 27 weeks she is still a she. He did tell me don't paint the nursery till after the anatomy scan at 18 weeks though:P Nothing is 100% but I talked to many a moms at his office and they was told around 12-14 weeks and he was right with theirs too. GL :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cravespopcorn
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:06 AM

However, the entire pregnancy, I have been measuring further along and the baby has been measuring a lot bigger than what my gestation is.  The hospital I was at is one of the top Universities in the United States and I don't think their technician would have said anything if they didn't know what they were talking about.  

Quoting Pandapanda:

Lol, I dont mean to laugh.. but even if it had been a girl, you would have likely been told boy. At 13 weeks gestation, boy and girl genetalia is identical!

Quoting cravespopcorn:

pacificamom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Quoting piercedNproud:

How far along are you?

CafeMom Tickers
blackcat1515
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:18 PM

you can find out at 15 weeks what you are having I did and it was right I had it confirmed when I was over 20 weeks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)